“Spectacular Scenery and Stay!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Enterprise
Barking Mad Farm & Country B&B
Ranked #2 of 4 Enterprise B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
“Spectacular Scenery and Stay!”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

As mentioned in so many other reviews, this is a fantastic place to retreat, enjoy the beauty of the mountains and have a peaceful stay. If you have the time, I would also suggest exploring the various parks, rivers, forests, and other natural areas nearby the B&B. The food was fantastic, and the owners really help add to the amazing experience. Absolutely worth the trip! You won't regret it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I enjoyed a relaxing stay here and would love to go back! Great breakfasts, a sunny porch, a warm fire and owners Rob and Emily are wonderfully welcoming hosts. The house is on the edge of town- they have gorgeous, unobstructed views of the mountains and it is a peaceful place to soak in the surroundings. You really feel like you've found a remote getaway, but also have easy access to Enterprise, Joseph and other towns nearby that are fun to explore. It's a good launching point for all sorts of outdoor adventures and a very comfortable retreat.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Al C
Sisters, Oregon
Reviewed 13 April 2014

My husband and I had a fabulous stay at the Barking Mad Farm near Enterprise, Oregon. We woke each morning to a glorious view of the sunrise touching the snowcapped Wallowa Mts. The owners are remarkable with their knowledge of the area and hospitality. We enjoyed long conversations, good food, and the best coffee! Plus our family dog got to stay with us which is always a joy. We were honored to be their first guests and would never guessed they didn't have years of experience!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sharon K
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 22 June 2013

This is my husbands and my second year at the "farm". The setting is just magnificent, Diana & Hunter are wonderful folks and Diana's breakfasts are the best we've ever experienced at a B&B. The Zumwalt Prairie is what brought us here as I have wanted to explore it for several years. An internet search is what got us to BMF. Thanks to Diana's contacts she recommended a person who knows everything about the Prairie and he sure does; plants, birds, critters, land ownerships, and land management. I had a great day with him last year, and 2 days with him this year.

Staying at BMF is more like visiting friends then staying at a place with hosts.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank andrea w
Portland, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I was able to rent their cabin at Tumbledown for a month this autumn while working on some photography and writing projects. It was absolutely fantastic. The location is ideal (close enough to town for necessities but far enough away to hear the owls and coyotes at night). The cabin itself is much bigger than it looks in the pictures. The kitchenette met all of my needs, as did the nice bathtub/shower and stackable washer/dryer. The wifi was fast enough for email and web surfing, and I was able to stream a few things on netflix with only a wee bit of buffering in the cloudiest weather. The living room chairs were super ergonomic comfy, and the day bed window seat was a great place to watch the sunrise, sunset, raptors flying about, etc. The bed was a nice firm pillow-top with a great assortment of pillows, high quality sheets, and a nice down comforter. The heating system was great, and I had nights in the teens with high winds, but the heat kept up and the gas fireplace made for an unbeatably cozy ambience. I had everything I needed to be happy and comfortable for a month on the prairie with views of the Wallowas. The owners called a couple of times to make sure I had everything I needed, and they even had me over for Thanksgiving dinner since I was out there by myself for the holidays. I couldn't have been more inspired or well taken care of. I highly recommend the place for a writer's retreat or honeymoon. It's just a magical location and very lovely cabin.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Marylynne D
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We are so glad we found this perfect place to unwind, where we stayed Memorial Day Weekend 2012. We had the Seven Devils Suite - a great upstairs space next to the main house. Diana and Hunter are amazing hosts, the breakfasts were magnificent, and the setting is unbeatable if you are looking for relaxation away from the crowds and noise. Views of farmland, mountains and a buffalo herd made our evening walks something to remember. And a very special treat was being able to bring Bailey the dog, who really loved the horses and donkeys. We hope to return soon!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 24 September 2012

My fiance and I first came to Barking Mad Farm 4 years ago on a trip through the Palouse and Hells Canyon. We had read about the Wallowas in an outdoor travel magazine and made it our last stop of the trip. We have a Blue Heeler, so we needed a place where they accepted dogs. We found BMF on line, and it was the find of the century! Diana and Hunter are exceptionally gracious, tolerant, and a total riot! We've been back now 4 times, and the most enjoyable part of the experience besides the awesome accommodations, the views, the fire pit, and the food, are the morning breakfasts on the deck with Diana and Hunter (and Peanut), in playful conversation.

As a bonus, Diana does some amazing photography of your pet, and puts it into a format that looks like an oil painting. I have lots of purchases from her, and will probably have more in the future. They also have great suggestions for places to check out in the area to include local restaurants, breweries, and hiking trails, and really seem to have their finger on the pulse of the area.

We've made friends in Diana and Hunter, and will be back in 2013 to get married at their new location they call Tumbledown. I've asked Diana to photograph our wedding, which will make it extra special. Trust me when I say you cannot go wrong choosing Barking Mad Farm.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enterprise
Eagle's View Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Wallowa
RimRock Inn
RimRock Inn
#3 of 4 in Enterprise

Been to Barking Mad Farm & Country B&B? Share your experiences!