“Super Service and Selection”
Review of The Bier Stein

The Bier Stein
Ranked #10 of 620 Restaurants in Eugene
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Glendale, California
“Super Service and Selection”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This place is amazing and a bit overwhelming when you walk in. Just walk up too the bar and the friendly staff will guide you. It's easy. There are several cash registers and staff are quick to open them if someone is waiting so no hassle there. We placed our first order, gave our credit card to open a tab (they swipe the card and then give it right back to you) and then you can order additional food/drink from your table using your smart phone. Awesome! Tremendous selection of beer. I like draft but you can "tour" their long wall of coolers and find about any beer you could want to try. You don't necessarily expect the food to be great in a place like this. You're in for a treat here. Salads, sandwhiches and more...and not run of the mill. I live in Los Angeles so I'm not easily impressed when it comes to food since the bar is so high in LA but this place brings it. I highly recommend this spot for a qucik beer or a full meal.

Anchorage, Alaska
“It's about the beer...”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We walked in, got a table, but left and went down the street to a great Mexican/Latin American restaurant with a refreshingly different menu. This is a self-service joint, apparently with a great beer selection and some decent food too if you decide you're hungry. I'm sure I'd have loved it in my college days and that's who it seems to appeal to. In all fairness, we didn't eat or drink anything during our visit, but all in all, seems like pretty ordinary fare. If you are into beer, definitely go here!

“Spectacular Spectacular”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have had drinks and food at the Bier Stein on multiple occasions. It is just an incredible establishment with great service, people, food, and beer. It is also an enormous place so there is room for large families and college students to dine and exist peacefully. I have never been disappointed by the Bier Stein!

• Visited May 2014
Scottsdale
“That's a lot of beer.”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Start with several refrigerated coolers with brews from around the world. Then see several more refrigerated coolers with brews from across Oregon. Add in a couple coolers with hard cider. Now look over the beers on tap -- a large number of beers. I really like weisbier. They had it on tap. It made my day.
The menu is good bar food. I had a bratwurst, with sauerkraut, sandwich. It was great. The prices are reasonable. The service was friendly and prompt. This place is large, open, and well lit. It is a great place for friends to meet, and have a beer. The Bier Stein is well run, and draws a lot of people because of this.

Albany, New York
“Cheers to the Bier Stein”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The Bier Stein was a great find in Eugene. Not only do they really have almost every craft beer and cider on the planet, they also have really good food. Win Win. We were there on a weeknight for dinner and it was fairly crowded then so I can imagine weekends can be challenging. Although it is a fairly big place and there are a lot of tables inside and some out. You place your order and then find a place to sit. As we weren't sure what we wanted to eat, we started with drinks and they kept a tab open for us. Nice. We had the local Eugene brew, Ninkasi double latte Porter and 2towns Cider in Bad Apple. Then a simple dinner of brats w/saurkraut and a club sandwich. Both scored high marks. The guys taking orders were extremely helpful and knowledgeable about all the beers, and made the decision making process pretty simple. Our most fav meal in Eugene by far. Cheers, Bier Stein!