“Meh”

Price range: US$10 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

We sat inside on a chilly summer morning but the outdoor seating area looked nice. VERY tight quarters inside. Pancakes under done. Eggs and potatoes ok. Funky place. Not impressed.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

We ate breakfast at Studio One on Sunday morning. We were expecting an amazing experience and were very disappointed for several reasons.

First, the acoustics at tables inside make it very difficult to have a conversation unless you feel like yelling -- so I would not consider anything expect an outside table if you would like to do more than eat.

Second, the food was strictly average - the acclaimed hollandaise sauce was pretty much tasteless and I wasn't even expecting it since I had ordered the "Homer Benedict" which comes with country gravy vice hollandaise sauce. The only food highlight was the french toast -- the benedicts were TBA (to be avoided).

Positives? Great young vibe since it is close to University and prices/portions were very reasonable.

Conclusion? Best for younger set out for breakfast after a night out on the town -- more sophisticated (or sedate) customers who have had good benedicts in their travels and are looking for a quiet conversation should avoid.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

On a side street, in an old house - careful you don't drive by it. They smoke their own salmon and I recommend the omelette. They're very accommodating and made mine with two rather than three eggs. Funky, cute and hot coffee.

Reminded me of Berkeley in the early 70's. Rock on guys, the food here is very good.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

We're not Eugene residents, and sometimes can't find what we're looking for - on a recent search for a restaurant, we lost our way again and determined we'd just keep driving around until we came on something interesting - Yeah, not a good tactic. But in this case, we lucked out, 'cause suddenly there right in front of us was Studio One! We ate in the outdoor courtyard, and enjoyed the hell out of our meal.

We'll be back - we think this one is a gem.

Reviewed 30 April 2013

Wish I lived here! I'd be here at least once a week. I found my breakfast heaven. For those of us who don't like hollandaise--the Field of Dreams Benedict is eggs benedict but with sausage gravy instead of hollandaise. OMG. And waffles with almond custard and berry compote, seriously? Huge menu. But go at off-time or it's crowded.