“Nice room and view but Tooo Noisy!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Eugene

Hilton Eugene
Ranked #3 of 34 Hotels in Eugene
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Nice room and view but Tooo Noisy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

This hotel is in a great spot in Eugene. Easy to walk to food and entertainment. The room was really nice and priced reasonable for Eugene (we used our AAA discount) but the noise from the traffic on Saturday night was so loud that I thought the slider was open. They give you earplugs in case the train bothers you (that goes by several times as well) but for us that wasn't as bad as the party traffic. There was a senior prom in the hotel that night but not sure how much that added to the traffic noise. Sunday night was much better with only the train sounds. I am not sure what can be done but maybe replacing the slider and windows to something newer with better insulation might help. If it would have been quieter I would have given them 5 stars because it really is a nice place.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
jodychall, General Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking time to share your review of our hotel. Our guest feedback is very important to us and we appreciate receiving yours. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your guest room and that you were able to take advantage of our terrific downtown location. There are indeed many great local restaurants and retail stores at our doorstep! I am very sorry that you experienced excessive noise and appreciate your feedback regarding this. Thank you again for sharing your review. We do hope that you will chose to stay with us again in the future.

Jody Hall

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Korean first
United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Having read previous reviews of the Eugene Hilton describing some deterioration over time, we were pleasantly surprised to find none of that. We checked in easily, had a large room with a view overlooking Eugene to the south as far as Spencer Butte, found a comfortable bed, a large bathroom, and all making it easy to accommodate our little dog. We would highly recommend this hotel and we will be back soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate receiving your feedback. I am happy to read that you chose to stay at our hotel and found your accommodations comfortable and convenient. I do hope you able to enjoy the other amenities the hotel has to offer and that you had the opportunity to explore our wonderful downtown area. We look forward to taking care of you again soon!

Best regards,

CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel many times and the recent renovations really stand out. Our room had a completely renovated bathroom and new furnishings in the room. Service was outstanding. The new executive lounge was lovely. They even provided airport shuttle service at no additional cost.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. You comments and feedback are very much appreciated. I am very happy that you were pleased with the outcome of our recent renovations and that you found service to be outstanding. We too are excited to have our new Executive Lounge open for our guests. We look forward to taking care of you again soon!

Eugene, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have many food allergies, so when I attend breakfast or lunch meetings, or other events involving food I don't anticipate being able to eat. But, I attended the Eugene Chamber Women Business Leaders lunch meeting Thursday and the banquet staff had labeled all the foods "Gluten Free" or "Contains Gluten"...you can only imagine my thrilled surprise! Then Friday we moved the Eugene Chamber Greeters Meeting to the Hilton from Valley River Inn and once again, the chef looked out for food allergies: All four of the cut fruits were served in separate bowls and the eggs were scrambled without cheese or any other items mixed in. I actually was able to have an enjoyable breakfast with no adverse side effects!! Woohoo!! But, that wasn't all...the service was impeccable...the servers were quick to take the dirty dishes away, bring more coffee or cream and just generally gave the impression they were thrilled we were there and couldn't do enough to make sure we had a positive experience...well, it wasn't just Positive, it was Outstanding!! Way-to-go, Hilton Eugene!!

Green Features: Eugene Hilton is a green-certified hotel!! What more can I say? They do an awesome job!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Penny S
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking time to share your review of our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Our Chefs do take time to ensure that they are doing all that they can to accommodate our guest's special diet needs. I am glad that their efforts were successful for you and that you were able to enjoy your meals while at the hotel. We do look forward to taking great care of you again very soon!

los angeles, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Hotel and room accommodations are clean and very comfortable, the staff also accommodating, easy to walk to restaurants, however beware the train runs practically every hour and is very disrupting to a good nights sleep. left exhausted!!

• 1 of 5 bubbles

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. Our guest feedback is very important to us and we appreciate that you have taken time to provide yours. I am sorry that you found the hotel to be noisy. Please know that while many of our guests are not disturbed by the local trains, those that are will frequently request a guest room on the south side of the hotel. We are always happy to accommodate this request, based on the availability of guestrooms. I am very glad that you found our staff to be very accommodating and your guest room clean and comfortable. Thank you again for sharing your review. We do hope to have the opportunity to take care of you again in the future.

Camas, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Eugene because another hotel unexpectedly dropped our high schools club"s reservations. Here we were stuck without rooms two days before the conference, when an enterprising mom tried the Hilton's rsvp center. They had rooms, they were polite, & it was a nicer hotel at a better price! Hilton saved our bacon. In addition Robert the bell captain ( aka captain Awesome) helped us with transportation, directions, & getting high schoolers on their way in the mornings. All the bell staff were great.

1 Thank AmberNoel
jodychall, General Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking time to provide your review of our hotel. Our guest feedback is very important to us and we appreciate that you have provided yours. I am glad that we were able to help you in a difficult situation. Our Bellman, Robert, is indeed Captain Awesome! He is a tremendous hospitality professional that is always willing to go the extra mile. Thank you again for sharing your review. We look forward to taking care of you again soon!

seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

Being in the hospitality industry for years as a marketing person, I understand the value to have employees who are empowered to make decisions based on the situation at hand. Thus, the experience I had with Takayuki Takogawa, Front Desk Supervisor at this property. Not only did he go the extra mile to help us but he went even farther by giving us free parking AND making sure our 4 rooms were together. Let me explain. We were down to attend the Oregon Relays. My daughter and I drove separate from the team due to timing logistics. When we arrived at the hotel where the coach made reservations (not the Hilton), found out that he had made reservations for the wrong date. Although the hotel was able to get us one room and two others down the street, that just couldn't work since the coach is responsible for the kids safety. Many hotels were booked for this particular evening because of the races. So, I called the Hilton, Eugene knowing it has more rooms and probably had enough for all of us. Although they had the rooms, they were far too expensive for our non-existent Seattle Public School budget. I asked if there was anything they could do. "No" was the answer. So, I asked to speak with the manager. After being mistakenly passed to the corporate office who said I had to speak with someone at the hotel, I was then passed to Takayuki. I told Takayuki our situation, basically, we had no hotel room and we needed 4 at the same rate as the hotel down the street (this was quite a reduction from the Hilton's quoted price even with AAA discount). I thought, well, it doesn't hurt to ask thinking that he would probably say no. But I was completely surprised when he looked at his bookings and said, "yes, I can help your team out!" So, we checked in and he worked extra hard to get all of our rooms together. Not only that, he asked how many cars we had and handed us free parking. Employees like this are far and few! The fact that he made the executive decision and went the extra mile says a lot about Takayuki and his focus on customer service. I have to tell you how happy the kids were to sleep in the feather down beds. I will only speak highly of this Hilton. Combined with the amazing dedication to helping guests with the cleanliness of the rooms and lobby...I will be back next year when my daughter races again. Thank you Takayuki Takogawa for making a bad situation into a very good experience!

Room Tip: Our rooms were on the train side and although the hotel offers complimentary ear plugs. I didn't...