“Nice stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Tempe, United States
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I read many reviews about the train noice, so I requested an upper room on south side away from train. They already knew and was ready for me. I got 3rd floor and south side and it was not bad at all. One bed was too softy for my wife's back. So she switched and it was fine. Very nice stay and accomodaitons. Service was excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Had an enjoyable time in Eugene, OR, staying at the Hilton. The check in process was fast and very friendly. The breakfast was wonderful and I do recommend eating there. We made use of the pool and considering how hot the weather was it was good to jump into the pool.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank 797josephl
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Receptionist was visibly impatient with me not understanding his rapid mumblings - not the politest of people.
Room was fine, though if you don't sleep with earplugs (and even if you do), there's a lot of chance you might hear the woot of the train at night (not that Hilton can help that, I guess).

While wifi is complimentary in the most rundown roadside motels these days, it is not in this Hilton :(

Room Tip: check where the train woot is the least audible
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This is an older hotel and it looks the only major hotel/convention center in Eugene. I stayed for two nights and had no problems. The staff were pleasant and the room was large and clean. With the NCAA track championships starting up, there were a lot of people in the hotel but I had no issues with noise, nor did I have any problems with train noise like others have mentioned. They have a large fitness center and a small indoor pool with an outdoor hot tub. It's right downtown and there are a lot of restaurants and shops within a short walk. It's not the fanciest place, but it does the job and I'd stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
jodychall, General Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for providing your review of our hotel. I am glad that you found our staff pleasant, the amenities our hotel has to offer and our downtown location. I am also pleased that you enjoyed your overall experience with us. We hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The sleep quality at this hotel was among the poorest I have ever experienced. I don't think there is anything the hotel management or staff can do about it. My room was on the "Executive" level, and faced the train station; when I saw the earplugs provided and the note about trains, I wondered if they were over-reacting. Absolutely not. The decibel level of noise from the train blasts is EXTREMELY LOUD. The length of the train horns is approximately 30 seconds and longer of blasting - not just a toot, and then done. The only way I think to fix this is to tear down the hotel, install triple-or higher- paned windows, and extreme sound-proofing of walls, like at hotels located at airports.

Was awakened at 10:30 pm, 12:15 am, 3 a.m., and 5;15 a.m. by LOUD, LONG train blasts. Tried the ear plugs, but could not dampen the noise. I then because nervous that if wearing the ear plugs, I would not hear my alarm and sleep through it.

I chose this hotel for its location next door to the Hult Center. I should have gone to the concert, then driven back to main campus to get a decent night's sleep. I was groggy and felt awful the next day, which included having to drive.

Also had a glitch with billing. I had reserved under a group rate, and had the verification of that. The bill that was slid under my door was for the full-price rack rate for the "upgraded" room, which I neither requested the upgrade, and did not see what was upgraded about it. Had to call down to the desk to fix it - was overcharged by $65! - and to the desk service credit, they did fix it. If I had not noticed it, though (in my sleep-deprived, groggy state), I would have been over-billed by a large amount. Not cool, to try to slide in extra charges by claiming an "upgrade" that was not requested by the client.

Room Tip: Absolutely do not be at the "front" of the hotel facing the train station. "Executive...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
jodychall, General Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

I sincerely apologize for the noise issues you encountered from the train during your stay. As the railroad does run through the heart of Eugene, train noise is something that is common throughout the city. Please know that we are working with local officials to create a no horn zone in downtown Eugene. We can offer a guest room on the south side of the hotel for our guests that are sensitive to noise. These rooms can be requested at check in based on availability. Again, I am sorry that the local train noise disturbed you. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again.

Kind Regards,

Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed 2 July 2014

I thought the hotel breakfast was great. The room seemed clean and the location was good. I could hear the train, but ear plugs were provided-so it wasnt too bad. Im really particular about hotel beds and this one wasnt the best. Otherwise, I really cant complain.

Dear Melissa S,

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your Hilton breakfast and that you found our Hilton bed very comfortable. Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. Our guest feedback is very important to us and we greatly appreciate that you have shared your comments. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

East Windsor, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Bad plumbing, bad ventilation, noisy location next to train station (ear plugs supplied to every room) Very friendly and helpful staff. Felt bad for them. Expect this kind of poor maintenance from a Motel 6 but not a Hilton

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

jodychall, General Manager at Hilton Eugene, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Mike,

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about noise. We regret that we could not make your stay more comfortable. We will use your review to improve and we hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Kind Regards,