“Pleasantly Surprised”

Ranked #10 of 17 Eugene B&B and Inns
Coos Bay, Oregon
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I booked this motel on Priceline. When Priceline revealed the name and I saw photos, I was a bit worried. The reviews are somewhat mixed, so I was prepared for the worst. I was happy to arrive to a friendly greeting at the front desk and a clean room. The room did smell of chemicals, but that did not bother me much. The hotel is on a main street so road noise is present, but moderately muted. There is a train that passes nearby. The bed was surprisingly soft. There was a fridge and a microwave.
If you need a cheap hotel, it's not a bad place to stay. I would recommend it only to those who are low maintenance and don't mind a little adventure. Also--I wouldn't feel comfortable staying here alone, but with my husband I felt safe enough.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Booked through Priceline, told was a two-star, but actually just one-star at most.

Greeted by strong chemical smell upon opening the room. Leaving the door open for half hour, and leaving the bathroom window open for the whole night, smell still strong the next morning. No coffee maker in the room, so went to the front desk asking for a cup of hot water to make a cup of tea myself.

Found other people's pubic air in the bath tub, shower curtain. The color of pillow was yellowish if you peeked through the pillowcase. So I asked front desk to change the pillow. The sheets were not just thin that you can see through, but also had susceptible stains on it, so I asked front desk again to change it. But replied from the Indian owner: "this is not the first time you asked to change things. YOU CAN CHECK OUT IF YOU DON'T LIKE HERE!". At 9PM in a freezing night, supposedly I should pay extra money to look for another motel?

Stunned and speechless!!!

Next time will try not to book through priceline, and NEVER EVER stay in "Red Carpet Inn" in Eugene when traveling north.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy M

Travellers are raving about these Eugene hotels

Umatilla, Oregon
Reviewed 13 February 2013

This was a nice room, particularly for the price. It is on a busy street, so there is traffic noise. The staff was especially pleasant, and made every effort to accommodate all requests. The 'breakfast' is nothing more than coffee, fruit, instant oatmeal and packaged pastries, and there is no coffee in the room itself.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Hillsboro, Oregon, United States
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Nice clean rooms, comfortable beds, staff was very nice, they did not tell us about the continental breakfast but we did arrive @ 1 AM. The room was pretty stuffy and smelled at little musty when we arrived, but we cracked the window open and that took care of it. I would stay again or recommend it to friends.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The staff was friendly but didn't know very much about the area when we asked for a place to eat/see. The room advertised 3 beds with a fold out couch to accommodate our party but there were no roll-away bed or fold out couch.. There is continental breakfast in the morning ( coffee, juice and some patisseries). You can't really expect too much since we were on a family roadtrip and on a tight budget. For the price I guess we can't ask for much. The bed were okay and the towels were clean enough to use. Great for a one night stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 October 2011

If Planning a Vacation and You Want A Place To Stay At This Is The Best One Throughout Oregon. They Have Great Room Service. The Managers Are Wonderful and Polite. The Rooms Are Beautiful Too. Once You Enter The Room You Will BE Amazed At How Wonderfully Things Look. Everything Was Wonderful Here ... I Got My Sleep At Night and I Think You Would To So Come To Red Carpet Inn.... The One And Only Wonderful Place.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 30 March 2011

I walked into my room, look nice, pulled back the covers of the bed, there was hair on top of the sheet and a mouse turd. The pillow cases was stained with a inch buy 1/2 inch black stain. I phoned the office. He said I could stay in a lesser room for the same price. Then I said I wanted the same type of room, he got frustrated. Then he went and got one sheet and different pillow case. He throw the sheet and case on the bed and started tearing up the room, saying I paid too little. He threw the pillow, he threw the pillow case on the floor in the bathroom and put the clean sheet over the the sheet with the hairs on it. The bath tub had hair on the wall in the AM that was not mine. DON'T STAY HERE

Room Tip: lots of places go see someone else