“Very cool!”

Add it.
Oregon Air and Space Museum
Ranked #29 of 93 things to do in Eugene
More attraction details
Owner description: This museum showcases experimental aircraft.
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I took our 5 year old son here for a day trip. He loves the model planes!!! The tour guide let his sit in a few for an awesome photo op :)
It's a bit on the spendy side but it was worth every penny to get our little guy interested in aviation!
And they have some really cool exhibits geared toward Oregon history.

3  Thank Mamarayeugene

Reviewed 19 October 2013

The men who showed us through the museum exude pride and enthusiasm as well as knowledge about the collections in the museum. From first hand relationships with WWII Aces, personal items donated to the museum by American heroes, and a huge number of models put together by one of their own, we were gratified to meet these folks and spend time in their presence. We went a second day, since we had time (we went too late the first day to see it all!) ---they were simply that interesting!! They even have a plane just for children to enjoy....built by the volunteers! If you have questions----they have the answers!

3  Thank M L
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We visited on a day the museum was closed. The two buildings were quite cold which made it uncomfortable. The two docents were very knowledgeable and took time to explain and answer questions. There was an interesting collection of small and exotic airplanes. The collection of models was fantastic. A visit on a warmer day would have been more pleasant.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

We were pleased to attend the museum on it's Open House day - admission was free and there were LOTS of volunteers!! My grandchildren & I were treated like VIP's and thoroughly enjoyed our visit.

2  Thank Ruth B
Reviewed 31 December 2012

My husband and I wend to the Oregon Air and Space Museum on the recommendation of a friend who lives in Salem, OR. We were not disappointed. The variety of the items in the Air museum was incredible - from early aircraft to modern-day military aircraft. The docents were informative and while speaking to one, I found out he was retired military and volunteers to work in the museum to keep costs down. He had incredible sense of humor and was informative about the displays in the museum. We even got to see the Gray Goose.
The other building house the Space displays. We had just visited Kennedy Space Center in December 2011 and wondered how redundant it would be - IT WASN'T at all. There was a display chronicling the space race between USSR and the USA. Really interesting information. Again, the docents were informative and readily answered questions.
There is a third part - we didn't go to see it - it was a water park (I think.)

5  Thank Cindy S

Been to Oregon Air and Space Museum? Share your experiences!