“An underutilized resource!”

Museum of Natural and Cultural History
Ranked #15 of 90 things to do in Eugene
More attraction details
Owner description: And you thought your sneakers were in rough shape: this museum's best-known artifact is a pair of 9,000 year-old shoes.
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This museum continues to grow and to surprise long-time members, like myself, with the fine exhibits that they showcase.

1  Thank Gypsypoet
There are newer reviews for Museum of Natural and Cultural History

Reviewed 29 May 2013

Great place for everyone, lots of history and then many things to do for children. kids get to put on white coats and work on projects! nice little gift shop full of great gift items. I personally like the native american portion of the tour. saber tooth tiger on entrance is cool.

1  Thank Mindy B
Reviewed 9 April 2013

My kids, who claimed they "hated boring museums" had to be dragged out at closing time. We were there two hours and they could have stayed longer. Great fossils, displays and interactive child area. Super find!

1  Thank TeresaW601
Reviewed 28 February 2013

This museum was an excellent place to introduce my grandchilren to 'manners' in a museum. The staff was positive and tactful, as well as being VERY informative. Sunday is a good day to attend - parking, even at meters, is free!! And even tho the museum is not free, the mimimal charge is more like a donation. We also enjoyed shopping in the gift shop.

2  Thank Ruth B
Reviewed 1 October 2011

As you walk in, you may be privileged to get help with an overview from lady sitting nearby. She took us (my son and I) through quickly, giving us a general feel of the place. It was good and too much info. Half of it would have been great. For museums, it has appeal for every single age, including surprise photos of yourself if you choose. Kids there were excited and entertained. We were blown away by the display and incredible words of Chief Yolkama to the white men. I'm amazed I never saw or read it before in any history book. Then again, some folks have a hard time hearing these words. One problem: lighting for displays was terrible, hardly able to see things. Otherwise, do go! Extremely worthwhile, with everything you might want from a museum. Very inexpensive, too!

3  Thank Reneetherese D