“Great fun”

Studio West Glassblowing Studio and Gallery
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the excitement of glass in motion. Learn to blow your own ornament, paperweight, float, bowl, pumpkin or vase. We teach from ages 6 & up and can accommodate large groups. Our classes run Thursdays, Fridays & Saturdays 11am & 1pm. Appointment is required.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

After reading the great reviews and fun experiences people had at Studio West four of us stopped by to check out the experience. Within minutes of meeting the owners we decided to try our hand at making some glass pieces. We enjoyed about 2 hours of time in studio learning about how the art of glass blowing works and how to be safe in the process. We now each have a piece of hand blown glass and great memories. Highly recommended.

2  Thank clarkdavid8

Reviewed 4 May 2013 via mobile

Initially we thought we would get a tour but we actually were able to make our own! Al and Kiara were outstanding making it fun and an excellent learning experience. Highly recommend!!

3  Thank Tim H
Reviewed 30 March 2013

I've been trying out glass blowing for several years, so when I was in Eugene for a conference and saw Studio West I just had to stop in. Ciara and Alejandro were wonderful, so I booked a class for later in the month. I've been to four different studios and enjoyed all of them, but this was by far the best experience ever. Alejandro gave each person in the class a chance to play with a blob of glass and use the tools before we ever started our pieces. He explained and demonstrated everything so we were comfortable with the tools and procedures. He let us do as much as possible, but was helpful so we got good finished pieces and were safe the whole time. Even though I live in Portland, this was worth the drive. I'll be back!!

2  Thank Teresa F
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Went here with my sister for a wine stopper glass class. It was so much fun! Alejandro was so patient and helpful. It was better than I could have expected and well worth the cost of the class. They also have some terrific gift ideas available.

4  Thank roguemckenzie
Reviewed 16 March 2013

I booked an appointment as a suprise for my husband. We worked with Ciara. It was a great experience. Lots of fun and informative. We plan on coming back again for another adventure sometime in the future. The cost is also VERY reasonable compared to other places i've seen that do these types of classes.

1  Thank Holly W