“Excellent fresh seafood at a value”

McGrath's Fish House
Ranked #239 of 641 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2014

WOW, the most flavorful, fresh seafood ever. I have had seafood at similar restaurants on the east coast and gulf shores and this tops them all. We had the Mixed Grill of pacific northwest crab cake, prawn skewers and wood fired salmon. And the fishermand stew. All were excellent.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

This place is great! I wanted a fish dinner, and my daughter was occupied with sorority stuff, so I headed over to the restaurants around the Valley River Center shopping mall. I DIDN'T want a restaurant chain experience (ICK - Red Lobster) and so, with a little trepidation, I decided to try McGrath's. It kind of looked like a place that had been there for years, but sometimes, that's a good thing. In this case, that was definitely true.

McGrath's has likely been in business so long because they've figured out what works and have stuck to it. I had a generous portion of delicious, tasty, grilled salmon, with a salad and baked potato, and, I think even with a glass of wine, the total was $20.00. Everything tasted fresh and just to my order. It wasn't nouvelle cuisine. It wasn't haute cuisine. It was good quality food, carefully prepared with attention to detail. A fair price was charged for the quality and quantity of what I was served, and I rewarded it.

The McGrath's menu is HUGE. There are all kinds of options, including for non-seafood lovers. The restaurant was one of the bigger places I've seen in Eugene. I arrived at 7 pm, and didn't have to wait, even though the parking lot was full. I'll look forward to my next visit and recommend it to other parents visiting students at University of Oregon.

1  Thank NYCbacktoLAhooray
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Skip Red Lobster and head for McGraths -- it's an easy walk frrom the hotel. It's a busy place all week long, so arrive before 6 or plan to wait for a table. Our lovely young waitress was charming and efficient and the fish was outstanding.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

I go to McGrath's several times a month. The service is always great and the food is always delicious. Steve, the manager is very attentive and caring. It is often the place I like to go to celebrate birthdays. Fred & I will be happy to be there for our special Valentines Day Dinner.

2  Thank Josuccess
Reviewed 5 February 2014

This was our first visit to a McGrath's. We were not sure what to expect. We were so happy that we chose to eat here. Our server Gethin, knew the menu and was so helpful in suggesting what we would like. The stuffed Halibut was amazing and the baked potato was fresh. My husband had a special request of fried oysters and shrimp and Gethin made it happen just the way he wanted. We really enjoyed eating here and the staff.