“Best Pancakes & Waffles in town”

The Original Pancake House
Ranked #27 of 613 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Best Pancakes & Waffles in town”
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

I've been to most breakfast spots in town and this is by far the best one. The food is always good the staff is super friendly. The building was remodeled a few years ago so it's a very clean atmosphere. I've had almost everything on the menu and the coconut waffles with fresh fruit is the best!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MartianManhunter24

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Wonderful breakfast spot”
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Our friends and I had breakfast here while traveling. The wait was reasonable for a party of 10 and the staff was very pleasant and kept us informed as to the wait.
The place has many selections for breakfast and based on the variety ordered they seem to do well with all. I had the ham and cheese omelet. It was full of ham and quit cheesy and huge!!
My husband had the Spanish omelet and was very pleased with it. The only downside I experienced was the lack of choice in jelly,but everything else made that insignificant.
If traveling and want a good breakfast with good value please don't miss this place.

• Visited September 2013
Ferndale, Washington
“Great pancakes but need some heathier options”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Their specialty pancakes are awesome but besides being HUGE (and I'm not a little guy), having all that sugar and those carbs without protein can through just about anyone's glycemic index out of whack. The only for getting some protein is to purchase eggs and/or meat ala carte. That can get very, very pricy. How about offering a special breakfast that combines a reasonably-sized treat (not so huge) with eggs and meat?

Visited October 2012
“Yumm!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

First time I went to an OPH was in Colorado. Lived in Oregon 23 years and had never been. Came to Eugene for the weekend and had to go to the original.

• Visited August 2013
Vancouver, Canada
“Very tasty breakfast with lots of interesting options”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We programmed our GPS to make the short but tricky trek from our hotel in Springfield to this well reviewed breakfast spot next to the university in Eugene and were very glad we did. By 9 a.m. there was no wait for a table in this sunny yellow L-shaped room dotted with vases of real flowers. The menu is almost overwhelming it has so many wonderful sounding choices. The very pleasant waitress joked that I could only choose from the right hand page and my partner from the left to overcome this dazed contemplation. In the end I had buttery hot Danish crepes with a delicious cherry sauce and an egg cooked perfectly to order. My partner had the feather light buttermilk pancakes along with eggs and a thick cut bacon that was meaty and perfectly tangy sweet. We wish we lived closer to this wonderful find.

• Visited August 2013