“quiet hotel, but a bit stinky outside”
Review of Hampton Inn Eugene

Hampton Inn Eugene
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Eugene
Brookings, Oregon
“quiet hotel, but a bit stinky outside”
Reviewed 27 October 2010

It was very easy to book a room at the last minute. The hotel is in a nice, quiet location. Our room was clean and the hotel staff were very nice. The complimentary breakfast was great! They had waffle makers. The only negative I can think of was that the ambient air outside was bad. The stink wafted in with us into the hotel and room. We think it was from the mill close by, but can't be sure. We got over it after a bit, and we're not even sure if it was just bad that day or not.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
San Francisco
Reviewed 27 October 2010

I was visiting some family members in Eugene and stayed at the Hampton Inn for a few days. I found the staff to be very cordial and very helpful during my entire stay. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. It is a very cozy place to stay. The staff makes you feel welcomed and there is an added bonus of a complimentary breakfast every morning. The hot waffles are great. I would highly recommend the Hampton Inn Eugene whether for personal use or visiting Eugene for business. It is an enjoyable experience to know the staff goes out of their way to make you feel right at home. The pristine condition of the property shows that the staff and ownership cares about maintaining a quality hotel for their guests.
Ling Lin

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 8 July 2010

My family and I stayed here a week. The backside of this hotel there is a recycle plant, it smells very, VERY, very bad in the hotel especially if your room is on the back side. The work out room consists of three things a treadmill and two gliders that is it. The workout corner is tinny I was claustrophobic when we went in there and didn't work out the whole time we were there. The staff was not helpful or nice at all and I would not recommend staying here. The only reason we did is because there was a huge event in town and all the hotels were at no occupancy. BEWARE OF THE SMELL..

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank TexasChat
San Diego
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I called and left a voicemail in the general mailbox the day before my arrival - did not receive a call back. Followed up and spoke to Becky later the same day @ 8P. When cancellation of the reservation, Becky stated it would be cancelled, but because it was after 6P (24 hours notice) a full night charge would be assessed. I asked to have the GM call me first thing in the morning. Becky said the GM would call around 9A or 10 A.

Arrived in Eugene around 1145A, did not receive a call, so I called the hotel. The person who answered would not transfer me to the GM until I completely explained what happened. After explaining, was told a return call would be received within 72 hours! When the hotel person was told it was time sensitive and I would call Hilton corporate to get resolution, she replied they can't tell us what to do, only the GM can resolve this.

Called Hilton corp, they called the hotel and were told GM was out buying supplies and would call back in an hour. What a complete debacle of customer service for a Hilton Diamond member. DON'T STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank judsonjj
Roseburg, Oregon
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Rooms are clean, bright and roomy. Pool is clean. The kind and friendly service of every staff member was great. We watched the lady who tended the breakfast room assist 2 men who didn't know how to use the waffle makers. She was very patient and respectful amidst the bustle of hungry patrons. Especially love the 'little extras' like the fresh baked cookies in the afternoon.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Silver Spring, MD
Reviewed 30 June 2010

My comments will mirror some of the others. Good hotel, inexpensive rates, rooms were fine, etc. The woman at the front desk was very nice. Quick and easy checking in. I had nothing to complain about. Sure, there are hotels closer to the city, but I'm a Hilton person and this hotel had a much better price than the Hilton downtown.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Wyoming
Reviewed 29 June 2010

We arrived in Eugene after driving all night long & we were able to check in right away. It was a little after noon and we were all exhausted so that worked out great! This place is nothing fancy, your basic Hampton Inn really. I noticed in some of the other reviewers said this was a "bad neighborhood" but we didn't see any problems with it. The staff was friendly and the indoor heated pool was a plus. Breakfast....well it was free. Your typical continental style with no frills. All in all I would recommend this place for a night or 2. If we had stayed longer I probably would have looked into some place more spacious.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family