“Double charge and rude manager”

Campus Inn & Suites, Eugene Downtown
Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I first of all want to say that my hotel room was very nice. TV was a flat screen, bed was pretty comfortable.

When I first called in to stay around the end of June, the very first time, it was lovely. The lady who assisted me and my friend was very kind and helpful.

Me and my friend came back to Eugene in July for family reasons. We decided to stay at the campus inn because of our first experience. I called in and spoke with the manager and informed him of a deal online for 54.00 + tax for a hotel room. But he insisted that the deal was for 60.00 + tax. Yes, I know not much of a difference, but still I'm always on a lookout for a good deal!

Any who, after that I decided to just say whatever and called around for other places to stay, seeing as how I was in a hurry to find a place for a cheap deal, I called back and spoke to the same guy. I told him that I wanted a room for one night. He was typing everything in and I then asked him if there were any early check-ins.

He said that the earliest was for 3 (the usual check in time) I then told him "never mind, I'll callback" he then told me to call back in an hour to see if there were any rooms to check into earlier.(I remembered that I needed a place by 1 when I called back) I then went about my business and ended up choosing a cheaper hotel anyway.

Now. Today. July 5th 2014, my friend woke up and realized his card had been charged 66.30 cents TWICE. (One the already went through, and one that was pending as a pre-auth) I called the guy and he stated that the pre-auth would come off, but the one that already posted will still go through because I never called to cancel. I proceeded to tell him that I never gave him that information and I never asked him to charge the card. I said "never mind". And "I'll call back if I want this room" well, any who.

After our conversation ended, I spoke with my friend and told him that what must have happened is he probably just assumed that we were going to use the same card on file as before (which is funny because that card on file wasn't even my card, it was my friends card. When I was going to make a reservation, I had my card pulled out to use since the other one was HIS.) and charged it without being sure that we were definitely going to stay for a night there.

My friend then called back etc. etc. (manager was rude and kept interrupting my friend). So the point of this is that, yes this hotel is pretty nice when it comes to the room, but the manager (not the lady, I forgot her name but she was pleasant) is horrible.

I'm not trying to rage here or whatever, I'm just letting you know that if you do call about a room with a card on file...(or even if you don't have one on file) and you don't want to stay, clearly state that you don't want to stay there because they will assume that you want to just by calling apparently.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Alexaorion23
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Campus Inn & Suites, Eugene Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

It is truly our goal to impress each guest with our service and hospitality. We want to thank you for the remarks pertaining to our bed and room. We hope you'll return to enjoy the continuous improvements made in our policies, accommodations and services.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We spent 3 nights at the Campus Inn so we could attend the Black Sheep Gathering. The room was clean, but our sink filled up almost to the top immediately and didn't drain as it should. We did report it to the front desk and it was fixed, but it shouldn't have happened at all. This plugged sink had been there quite a while. The bed was very comfortable as were the pillows. We only had 1 upholstered chair vs 2 the pictures show. Being an outside entrance hotel, it was noisy with people going by outside. Because of the nice weather, we wanted the window open instead of having the noisy a/c on.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Your feedback is very welcome as it helps us to continuously grow and evolve. Thank you for sharing your honest comments pertaining to our bed and pillows. We hope you'll return in the future to see how we continue to improve our Hotel and hospitality.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

I go to Eugene a lot as my daughter is a U of O student. I've stayed in various affordable motels, and Campus Inn is by far the best. Clean, close to downtown, friendly staff, laundry, and even a small workout room. If you want a good price within walking distance to everything, I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms are more private as otherwise you face the parking lot.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

We appreciate the time you have taken to give your feedback on your recent experience, especially with regards to our staff and price. Insights shared by our guests are invaluable in our quest to always provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This hotel is right by oregon university and the area is a bit seedy. The hotel itself is older, but was clean and well maintained. We had a two queen room with sofa bed. The room had a refrigerator/microwave. I would have rated this one a notch higher, but breakfast was below average and some of the other guests were scary looking. No pool, but there is a hot tub. Ok for an overnight, but I'd look elsewhere for a longer stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Your voice is very important to us and we are continuously striving to improve upon the guest experience. Thank you for rating your stay and providing us insights regarding our bed and area. We hope to someday see you again to enjoy our Hotel and hospitality.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

This is a clean, well kept motel. I stayed here immediately following 5 nights in a luxury resort in Hawaii, which probably colors my view a bit. However, in Maui I woke up every morning with a backache, and at Campus Inn, I slept like a baby! Very comfortable bed, no backache. I was also very happy to find they had free wifi. It's in a great location and reasonably priced.

The downsides:
1. The walls are thin - I could hear my neighbor's TV and people outside my room.
2. My refrigerator didn't work, so the yogurt I bought didn't get refrigerated and had to be tossed.
3. There is no elevator so I had to heave my heavy suitcase up the stairs
4. The shower curtain rod was installed in the wrong place, so the shower curtain hangs into the tub and takes up about 1/4 or more of the shower. Therefore it was touching my body during the entire shower which sort of grossed me out, knowing that it touches EVERYONE who showers in this tub. I wonder if every room has this problem? (I am in room 223)

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room if you don't want to or can't carry your suitcase up a flight of...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for sharing this honest review and feeback about our bed and view. Know that your voice is very important to us and we will continue to reach for ways to improve guest experience in all areas.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I picked this hotel because it had a 3 star rating on another site. I stayed there on two separate nights. Each night, I found the bed sheets were not even tucked in, so when you pulled the blanket off, you'd see the mattress sides uncovered. Seemed like the sheets weren't even large enough to tuck in so it looked just like a tablecloth hanging over the sides.

On the first night, our room (228) had a faulty bathroom door. We informed the front desk the next morning. The lady who greeted us when we checked in was very friendly, but failed to let us know that there was a jacuzzi on-site which we could really have used had we known! The first room seemed cleaner than the 2nd one.

The 2nd night, our room (226) had dirty carpets near the bed (crumbs and other white stuff left from a previous stay perhaps and a dead bug by the window) and sadly, a slightly less than clean bathtub and there was some rather gross-looking stuff stuck on the tiles of the bath.

We were tired, so we just went straight to sleep both times and tried not to think about anything else. The air-conditioner in the 2nd room was very loud. Sounded like an airplane trying to take off each time it kicked in to keep the temperature consistent.

The sheets seemed to be very clean each time and the beds were pretty comfortable. The lady at the front desk was friendly both times but the guy in the morning didn't even greet us when we showed up for breakfast and we were the only ones in the front area.

Will try to look for other options in the future. Experience was really just ok. Enjoyed the waffles at breakfast but could really do with a place to eat it (only table at front has two high seats sharing a space with the computer desk) and I agree with previous reviewers that some eggs would have gone a long way. That said, liked that there was free parking and free WIFI. Both were very helpful.

Room Tip: Make sure you clarify the room you want again at the check-in. I was given a room that wasn't wh...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CempedakCanada

Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate the insight regarding our bed and parking. Your voice is so important to us and we hope you'll return so that we may have the opportunity to provide you with a five star experience.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I think this is the best bargain motel in DownTown Eugene, OR. Great rates. Clean, good breakfast and coffee, comfortable bed, quiet. Convenient walk 2 blocks for excellent restaurants, nightlife - 4 blocks walking, or stumbling distance. Please drink responsibly. Love the lights in the trees at night!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Your feedback is very welcome as it helps us to continuously grow and evolve. Thank you for sharing your honest comments pertaining to our bed and breakfast. We hope to see you again and that you'll truly be impressed with our continued improvements.We hope you'll return someday to see how we are continuously taking our constructive feedback seriously to better serve our guests.