“Convenient, but noisy” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in Eugene
Folsom, CA
“Convenient, but noisy”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2005

This motel is in a very convenient location near U of O, but the rooms were tiny and noisy. At $92/night, we felt it was way overpriced. We stayed there a few nights then moved to a Best Western across the street from campus which was 100% better.

• Stayed August 2005, travelled on business
19 Thank slwerner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
WA State
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2005

The location of Campus Inn is great but the smelly, not quite clean, searching for bedbugs, room with doors that don't quite close and a bathroom smaller than a postage stamp make location and lower price questionable values.

In addition, upon checking my statement, I discovered that I'd been charged for my room the same night I'd made the reservation-2 weeks prior to arrival. I was therefore very careful about not giving my card to imprint again and bringing my bill and confirmation when checking in. I was assured that I would not be charged again...hah! I checked with my card company, another charge went through the day after my one night stay. It will take time and diligence to track and correct this and any other future (?) charges I may get from Campus Inn.

AAA rated must really mean $$$, as this is double-billing done in an overtly sneaky, borderline criminal manner.

Beware.

• Stayed July 2005
21 Thank Pavla

Travellers are raving about these Eugene hotels

seattle,wa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2005

Arrived in the evening to find out that they didn't have me on their reservation system. The confirmation number I had from my Orbitz booking didn't show up on their system. On top of that they were sold out for the night. The front desk person offered to lookup elsewhere in the town for me to stay. Luckily, another gentleman with reservations showed up. He hadthe same letters as my last name and then suddenely the receptionist found my name on the list. I have no clue what happened. But I felt it was a very messy system.
The room was neat and had a refrigerator. The breakfast was good. The door for our room was a little shoddy and wouldn't close until you pushed it hard. But it was very comfortable otherwise.

Stayed July 2005
17 Thank Jism
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2005

We had never stayed at the Campus Inn before but decided to check it out after we decided to extend our stay an extra night in Eugene.

The staff at the Campus Inn was very friendly and let us check out the rooms before we decided to stay. We eventually chose one of their larger suite rooms on the second floor because they seemed a bit more spacious then the regular rooms. The rooms were well maintained and clean, and it was very quiet.

There was Starbucks coffee in the room, a dvd player (you can even rent dvd's from the front office), and we got a voucher for breakfast at the IHOP across the street.

Anyway, this isn't the most glamorous hotel in the world but a very nice budget hotel that I will stay in again when I go back to Eugene.

• Stayed May 2005
20 Thank TripAdvizahr
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2004

I read the reviews before staying. I found a few inconsistancies in some of the reviews.

The bathrooms are not that small, there are no closet doors to 'not function properly'
The staff are the best and friendliest I have come across.

The high speed wireless internet is offered at no charge. The in-room Starbucks coffee, the fitness center and Hot tub are nice amenities.

The price is very reasonable and their frequent stayer program is the best I have seen (stay 6 nights get the 7th free--at $58.00 a night)!

27 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2004

The Campus Inn is adjacent to the University of Oregon campus and was very convenient for us. The rooms were clean and the staff was very courteous. We stayed 2 nights.

However, after checking our Visa statement online several days later, we discovered that they billed us with 2 separate charges; one for 2 days and one for 1 day. During a follow up phone call, the employee said it was a normal 1 day charge for a credit check only and would later disappear (this is not true). He said I must be one of those people who check their credit card statement with a magnifying glass (I am, and for good reason). He said he would pass on the situation to the manager.

After 2 weeks and no further response or change on our Visa account I talked to another employee who said to call back and talk to the manager. I talked to the manager on my third phone call. He said it was the mistake of the housekeeping crew, who thought we were staying a third day, and he would issue a credit (no apology). Finally, 26 days after the original posting, a credit was posted to our credit card account. Whew!

The handling of this credit card billing mistake (I hope it was a mistake!) by this establishment was dreadful. If you stay at the Campus Inn, watch your bill, carefully! There are other very nice motels in Eugene, which we saw during our stay. We will look elsewhere on our next visit.

22 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2004

My son attends the University of Oregon, which is located across the street. This, and a visit to one of my doctor, were the reasons for my visit.

The hotel is not a four star... however, in some important ways, it is stellar. That is, you can get fast speed internet for $3... and, I paid under $50 for my room. This makes it definitely a bargain. This allowed me to connect to my office and to collaborate with a colleague out of state on an article that was unexpectedly due in three days!

The down side: the bathroom was very small. The mattress was not the best. The bed sheets were not 300 count, but it was mostly clean. The close door was not functioning properly. The staff is marginally friendly and breezy. There is no free newspaper or coffee in the morning. You decide whether that high speed access is important enough for you to consider this.

• Stayed January 2004, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
18 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
DanCampusInn_Suites, Manager at Campus Inn & Suites, Eugene Downtown, responded to this review, 29 October 2010
We have never charged any guest for use of the internet. We even advertise that we offer free hi-speed internet.