Campus Inn & Suites, Eugene Downtown
US$210
Timbers Motel(Eugene)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$200
Comfort Suites Eugene(Eugene)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$76
US$289
US$275
  • Restaurant
All reviewswhole foods storehot tubcontinental breakfastreception areaacross the streetlaundry facilitiessmall fridgewalking distancefitness centercoffee makercentral locationroom was clean and comfortableyogurtcampusdowntowncalifornia
Reviewed 28 October 2010

My original trip was 2 days. When I checked out of this hotel, they told me my card had been declined and I would have to pay in cash. I immediately went online and reviewed my bank statement which showed they had charged my card for 3 nights, and were attempting to charge another 2 - for a total of 5 - (hence my card being declined). I paid in cash. It so happened the owner was there, and I was able to SHOW where they had already charged me for three nights (even though I stayed two), but he could care less and told me to take it up with my bank. The staff (including the owner who was a total jerk), were unsympathetic, uncaring and came across as "too bad, your problem". Well, now 4 days after the fact, I have to dispute charges with my bank as a result of their crooked charges. By the way, Ive stayed in better places for HALF the price. Beware of giving them your credit card info!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank moose3798
DanCampusInn_Suites, Manager at Campus Inn & Suites, Eugene Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2010

To whom this may concern:

I have researched the events regarding this review and believe this to be based more on anger, frustration and a simple error rather than being intentional.

When the guest made his reservation, he stated that he wanted to pay with cash at check out. We noted that on his reservation.

As per Campus Inn policy, we are required to do a pre-authorization on all guests the morning of the day of arrival, if the guest wants to pay cash at check out, we still would require a valid credit card and authorization, just in case the guest leaves without paying.

This particular guests credit card was pre-authorized for his 2 nights stay, and he checked in on 10-22. On 10-23 our housekeeping staff entered his room to clean it and did not find any luggage or personal belongings to indicate that he was staying his second night and informed the front desk. The front desk thought the guest had indeed checked out and charged his credit card for 1 night room and tax. Approximately 12:30 the guest came to the lobby and proceeded to let us know that, because of us his credit card had been declined, and to strongly reiterate that he was paying with cash at check out. The owner happened to walk in at the end of the conversation, and was very empathetic with the guest and offered the guest the use of our lobby phone to contact his bank at no charge, he declined.

On 10-24 the guest came into the lobby, paid cash for his stay, at which time we refunded the 70.72 we had charged him back to his credit card.

We did nothing wrong and don't feel that this review is a fair assessment of the situation.

Dan Balek
Manager

Reviewed 22 September 2010

We had a great time in the spa! Kids loved it. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The kids also enjoyed the continental breakfast. If we are ever in Eugene again, count us in as loyal guests.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 September 2010

I first stayed at Campuss Inn a few years ago, just by seeing the nearest hotel near our function (downtown Eugene). Everytime we pass through Eugene we stay at the Campus Inn. The place is a great value, super clean (wife likes) with great service. nothing fancy, just a dependable place.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2010

My husband and I had a great stay at the Campus Inn. We were within walking distance of the campus and downtown. We loved the continental breakfast, hot tub, workout room, and great staff. Can't wait to visit again!!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2010

I stayed one night at the Campus Inn, recommended by a friend who knows the area. She said it was lower priced than some of the other hotel/motels and was clean and adequate. I agree. It was nothing fancy, but the bed was comfortable, the continental breakfast included unlimited good coffee, and those at the desk (Emi and Kina) were very friendly and helpful. If you want a fancy lobby and a bar there are other places in Eugene for you.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo