“Top Class”
Review of Sabai Cafe & Bar

Sabai Cafe & Bar
Ranked #5 of 613 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Top Class”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is a wonderful Thai Restaurant . It's atmosphere is vibrant, the bar is lively and the food is delicious.
We alphas a selection of starters; Vietnamese chicken wings, sticky and sweet. Filo pastry filled with a wonderful cream cheese and crab. Tuna pieces underdone and fantastic.
Mains were a red Thai curry with chicken, a thick noddles vegetable curry and an Indian curry with sticky rice. This is the best Thai I have eaten outside Thailand. Including wine and cocktails $120 for five!
Will be back.

Eugene, Oregon
“NEVER DISAPPOINTED”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I was skeptical when my wife suggested a fine dining meal in an urban mall. That was several years ago. We've NEVER had a poor experience at Sabai. Service is excellent and meals fantastic. What impresses me each and ever visit is the visibility of the owners of the restaurant. Both are available and thrilled that you've chosen their restaurant for a meal. I've had 20 plus different meals and all have been excellent. If you don't really want a meal, but would rather a cocktail and appetizer, the bar staff is outstanding!!!! Typically during nice weather months, there is live music in the courtyard, which just makes the experience even better.

Eugene, Oregon
“Fantastic all around”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

What a great dinner date surprise. My husband and I were met at the door and seated right away. The service was great. The waitstaff helped me decide on a fabulous cocktail. The bartender made a great drink. We ordered appetizers that were served quick and hot; Not to mention super yummy. We both had the spicy cashew noodles. We asked for extra spice and our meal was made fresh. It was outstanding.

North Carolina
“Updated review--it's better now!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

What a nice improvement. I revisited Sabai a few weeks ago after a very ho-hum meal last year. This year we were able to sit outside in very pleasant surrounds and had a nice experience. I enjoy "real" Thai food; not stuff for the American masses, and while this does not achieve that (still too sweet and rich) it's much better. We had a Chinese eggplant dish that three of us scarfed down in no time flat, a mild coconut milk/noodle/pumpkin curry-like dish that was quite good but VERY rich (and a little too sweet for my taste), scallops (can't comment; I don't eat scallops but they looked lovely and were presented quite nicely) and a meat dish that I can't quite remember now but I remember as being good. Our waitstaff were professional. Service was very good. My companions enjoyed their beers and I had a 'signature' cocktail that slid down quite easily (perhaps why I can't quite remember all the food we ate?).
A nice choice for Eugene.

Monte Porzio Catone, Italy
“Solid choice for Thai ”
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Outside seating best. Clean predictable fresh atmosphere. I have checked out the other 10 places in the complex and always end up back here. It's the best cuisine this part of Eugene. Solid wine list, mildly inspired cuisine, fresh ingredients, solid choice. Well trained on the spot staff. Not just college kids posing as waiters.

Been to Sabai Cafe & Bar? Share your experiences!