“Don't stay here!!”

Motel 6 Eugene South - Springfield
Ranked #33 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
Reviewed 6 July 2014

This place is a complete dump!! Non smoking rooms reeked of smoke! The beds are tiny and broken down!!There were huge wet spots on the carpet!! Dirty, Dark,and unsafe feeling!! Do not stay here!!! The saying that you get what you pay for doesn't apply here because we payed over $240.00 for two rooms for one night. We slept in this disgusting motel because every other hotel in the Eugene/Springfield area were booked due to graduation at UO.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 June 2014

At first I thought the freeway noise would be a problem since this place is directly alongside Hwy 5, but it was not an issue. The newly remodeled room was comfortable and clean, although the mattress sagged a bit. A Denny's restaurant is right next door which is great since there is no where else to eat close by without getting lost in a labyrinth of back roads. The staff was efficient and friendly, and WIFI was free.

Room Tip: If you don't want to eat at Denny's then ask for directions to the main part of town. Don...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

on check in the desk clerk was immediately rude and un-accommodating. My mother is a senior with hip problems so she asked for a first floor room. She stated there were no rooms available on the first floor when clearly there were as the parking lot was virtually empty that early in the afternoon, perhaps a half dozen cars at most. When wifi was requested she wouldn't just give an access code. Insisted on knowing how many devices we had and then charged double!!
So here I am on the second floor paying double for wifi. I will never stay here again.Typically Motel 6 is a good alternative to a fancy hotel but in this case I recommend pushing on to grants pass the staff there is usually very nice..

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 January 2014

we will be reporting this disgusting motel 6 to the health dept. Filthy cant describe this place..springs sticking out of mattress..blood all over mattress..we took pictures.. toilet would not flush..sink stopped up.. dog urine..we packed up and left

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank paulav1929
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Here are some things they don't have available, irons, guest laundry, even shampoo in the rooms! You have to pay for wifi, and then have to pay again if you have more than one device. I had a job interview in town the next morning and this was the worst place for a business traveler possible!

Also, I asked the desk agent if he could direct me to the nearest all night copy place (since they have no printing abilities, or options for guests either) and he told me they didn't have one in town, I said, isn't this a university town? Anyway, long story short, with my paid for, at additional fee wifi I found one like 10 blocks away. So bottom line no amenities, terrible concierge & guest service ability and not much better than sleeping in your car. Oh and the tv had lines through it....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2013

The staff at this location were very friendly. The hotel is located in a poor location. The only other thing at this exit is a Denny's. There is not a Walmart or any thing else even somewhat close. The hotel is located right on I-5 , the sound of the traffic is very noisy. It is to noisy to stand outside and talk on a cell phone, and yet the signal in the room is poor. Let alone how loud it is to try and sleep on the front side of the buildings. If staying here, ask for a room in the back! Also there isn't a laundry facility available at this location. I went and asked where the laundry room was, and was told I could drive 4 exits down to another Motel 6 , show my receipt and could do laundry there. Who would really do that? I was surprised they even suggested that knowing I had just arrived in a taxi! Also the tv had static and the channels would not come in clear. One of the good things about this location is the distance to Amtrak, but I was told later that there is another Motel 6 about the same distance from Amtrak in a nicer, busier area, with much more to offer, and a laundry room!

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the motel property, better yet choose the other location altogether.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank TeaKettleTizzy
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I stayed at this Motel 6 for one night while passing through Eugene, OR. It's your average Motel 6. It's right off the highway so even if you are in a room in the back of the hotel (I was) you can still hear the highway traffic all night. The room is small. One bed was against a wall, the other was against the AC/heating unit. It was impeccably clean but the next morning I woke up to find blood stains on the sheets which leads me to believe there may have been bed bugs in the room. Also, I was one adult traveling alone with four children (ages 1, 2, 6, and 11), and a dog. I specifically requested a first floor room because as anyone with common sense knows, getting all those kid and the dog up to a second floor room is difficult. Not what I wanted to deal with after a long day of driving. When I checked in I was told my room was on the second floor because "they got really busy in the last hour." Well, hello?! If you knew you had a guest coming with the type of party I had why wouldn't you save a first floor room if she specifically requested it? I would've gladly prepaid in advance to hold the first floor room. But all in all I wouldn't stay here again, mostly because I suspect there were bedbugs in the room.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family