“No frills hotel in questionable area” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Eugene

Americas Best Value Inn Eugene
Ranked #21 of 34 Hotels in Eugene
Sacramento, California
“No frills hotel in questionable area”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

This was a last minute booking and a case of mistaken identity. I got it confused with a different place we had stayed previously in Eugene. I started to get worried when we passed an adult bookstore on the way but the place was clean and seemed safe. The guy who checked us in was really, really great. This is truly no frills. The king room was tiny. The wifi was slow and I had to watch a commercial to use it. Not a big deal, at least it was free. There were packets of shampoo for us. This was a typical low budget motel but I've had a lot better for $60. I wouldn't come back.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zephyr11_11

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Washington, the State
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

The first room assigned to us was totally unacceptable: the bed frame did not match the mattress; the refrigerator kept buzzing as it was in a wrong size frame; there obviously was a nightstand missing; the bedspread looked like it had not been cleaned for ever; lots of strong spray tried to cover up some bad smell. We were given a second room, which was a little better. Breakfast is very limited; the business center was not open and functioning; the "free wi fi" did not work (we had to find a different place where we had no problem); the restaurant they recommended to us was obviously closed and had not been open for a long time; the water in the bathtub took forever to drain; the bed was lumpy - oh well, and the location: on an island of highway 99 (lots of noisy traffic): no, we won't try any one of their hotels again.

Room Tip: Until the quality of the rooms and service are substantially upgraded, we cannot recommend this part...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Eugene hotels

Lakeland, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

During our stay last weekend I forgot my wallet in the room and did not realize it until we were over a hundred miles away. Thankfully, after calling the hotel, the manager shipped it over night so it was waiting for me when I got home. Raj went above and beyond. It is experiences like this that will make me come back next time I am in town.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bestvalueeugene, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Eugene, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Thank you very much for your positive review. I am glad you received your belongings. I am sure you enjoyed your stay here. Hope to see you again soon !!!
Salem, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

Not worth the money. Very limited parking. The food was not so good. Smelled funny like to much bleach. Rooms were very old and small. Sheets were thin and old. Eugene is a very nice town to visit. But this not place to stay!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank 387KeM
Bestvalueeugene, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Eugene, responded to this review, 1 May 2013
I would like to thank you for posting your comments on Trip Advisor. Although your comments were extremely disappointing, I welcome them as it gives me the opportunity to address certain issues. I assure you, I take all comments very seriously and they will be addressed with the departments.
We strive to provide the finest service in the area, and I truly apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We are always working to improve, and we do hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Raj.
Manager.
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013

Definitely lives up to the claims of being the best value in town. My boyfriend and I were displaced for about a week while waiting for approval on our new house and tried out several of the neighboring hotels before giving ABVI a shot and it turned out to be the most comfortable, clean, and the cheapest rooms in town and we ended up staying several extra nights. Don't waste your time with the Econolodge next door or the Executive Motel, both were way less nice and at least $10 more per night. ABVI has kitchenettes, fast internet, comfy, clean rooms, guest laundry, a business center, free breakfast, is right downtown and close to everything and the guy at the front desk was super friendly and helpful. I was definitely pleasantly surprised with the quality of the rooms considering the price and would highly recommend this place if you're on a budget and need somewhere to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bestvalueeugene, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Eugene, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
I am Raj, the manager at the Americas Best Value Inn, Eugene, OR. Thank you very much for your positive feed back. I really appreciate it. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I am happy to hear that we exceed your expectations with our clean property. We are glad you found our staff to be friendly and helpful during your stay. We look forward to your next stay!
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

The rooms were very nice and clean. The customer service is great. There's free breakfast and a gym on-site. We ended up staying 3 extra nights while we were looking for and apartment. This location is close to downtown. You can walk less then 10 mins to most restaurants and bars.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bestvalueeugene, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Eugene, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
I am Raj, the manager at the Americas Best Value Inn, Eugene, OR. I do appreciate your positive feedback about our hotel and will share it with my staff. I am happy to hear that we exceed your expectations with our clean property. I hope you will give us an opportunity to serve you again in future.