“Very Pleased on Every Level!”

Americas Best Value Inn Eugene
Ranked #20 of 35 Hotels in Eugene
Portland, Oregon
“Very Pleased on Every Level!”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I choose to stay here every time I am in Eugene, and not because it is the lowest price, but because the of the excellent staff, the exceptionally clean rooms, and the great amenities. I have stayed here over 20 times and never had anything less than excellent service. I would especially like to recognize Roger and his supervisor, who are always eager to serve and genuinely care about their guests.

Room Tip: I prefer to single apartments style.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Petaluma, California
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I have lived at this Motel for a month, and am super-pleased with the accomodations and the service. There is a laundry room on-site, an exercise room, a business office, as well as a tasty continental breakfast, over 70 TV chanels (including 9 sports channels), close to many restaurants, 2 natural food stores, and Eugene's trendy Whitaker neighborhood. The rooms are colorfully decorated, with microwave, refrigerator, ironing board, hair dryer, full size bathtub, and practically soundproof. Daily maid service is available, and the manager Ken is both gracious and friendly - and lives on the premises, which creates a well-managed atmosphere.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Myrtle Creek, Oregon
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband and I arrived for a 3 night stay. The man at the front desk wasn't welcoming. After checking us in he asked us to review the hotel on this site. Stating his pay depended on good reviews. The next day my husband went to the front desk to ask a question. The man informed him that if he lost his room key that he would not be given a replacement because my husband's name was not on the room. The room is in need of fresh paint and maintenance. The tub facet and shower head are loose and need to be replaced. The room does have a mini fridge and a microwave. The microwave sits on a small counter next to the hand washing sink. The room does not have a coffee pot. I went to the office at 10 am to get some coffee only to find the free breakfast is served from 7- 9am. And no coffee was available. During our stay the temp was below freezing. Thankfully we brought a couple of blankets because there weren't extras in the room. Our overall experience was disappointing to say the least. We will not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Nyvala

Travellers are raving about these Eugene hotels

Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 4 December 2013

The hotel was OK. Room, bed, towels were clean. It has free wifi in the room, but speed in the evening was poor, but fine in the morning. Staff was friendly. It gave everything what I expected: I needed one night stay just to rest to continue my trip. There were fridge and microwave in the room, which was nice. I would stay there one more time if I need to rest somewhere. But I wouldn't do that If I need longer stay. Ah, it was cold in the room, so we turned on the heater which was a bit noisy but I didn't care because I was too tired :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 3 November 2013

O.K. older hotel. Great location near U of O. Has been remodeled some. The bed was alright. Flat screen T.V. & cable. Sheets and towels were clean. I stayed here because it was cheep. I paid about $44 for a Saturday night. I wouldn't take my wife here for a romantic get away for sure. There are several restaurants close by.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KWT-BEND
Agoura Hills, California
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Wanted to go to the Ucla / Oregon game and we were looking for a hotel they were all sold out. This hotel quoted me 98 bucks a night. Even though there normal rate is $39.99 . Not even worth $39 bucks. Well we got stuck at LAX and our plane was diverted to Seattle and we had to stay there. I called the hotel and was told they would cancel Friday night’s stay but for Saturday night they now will have to Charge me $150 for the night. Love how the rules get changed I canceled all together. Got home and got a 98 dollar charge. Where did that come from. I stopped by the hotel looking for Kenneth the owner and he wouldn’t talk to me. This place is so run down. I wouldn’t let my dog stay in one of their rooms. Horrible place horrible people. I warned you . Stay Away

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
st. petersburg florida
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Overall good stay. I would stay here again but would do so knowing the mattress does not offer proper support to the point my sleep was greatly disrupted. That said, the front desk was very nice and tried hard to please. They were friendly and accommodating. The microwave and fridge is a real bonus. TV is very clear. Room appears updated. Great central location to eugene. Breakfast is naught....well, it's something but not much. White bread only...no whole wheat, no English muffin, no fruit, no yogurt, only 2 high fructose junk cereals, no oatmeal, fake orange juice, must say I appreciated REAL butter. I asked for clean sheets and got full maid service...with a smile...very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo