“Nice staff, poor rooms & service.”

Courtesy Inn Eugene
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Eugene
Santa Barbara, CA
“Nice staff, poor rooms & service.”
Reviewed 12 January 2010

In the first room we were assigned, the lights between the beds didn't work because there was no plug on the end of the wire, the internet connection didn't work & there was previous tenant's trash in the bedside cabinet drawers. We were moved to another room where the lights & internet worked. However, a towel rack was missing and the heater didn't work in the bathroom. The beds are substandard, the shower heads are set for people under 5 feet tall, and a beer mysteriously disappeared from the frig. At least the staff was friendly & the location is better than other low priced options in the area.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Moraga CA
Reviewed 10 October 2009

The Courtesy Inn is cute, quiet, clean, and well-lit. The flat screen TV's are awesome. Previous reviews mentioned a funny smell in the room, so I was prepared, but there was no smell. The rooms had been recently renovated so the carpet was new and clean. In general, the room was very clean. Always have to have one complaint--the fan in the bathroom was extremely noisy! I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
Ghent, Belgium
Reviewed 16 August 2009

Decent place that offers a spacious room, a good service, complimentary breakfast and free computer access. No complaints.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2009

We were delighted with the place. We were road weary and just needed a cheap, decent place to sleep. We also wanted to walk into town for a late meal. First checked-in at the Timbers Inn and my husband took one look at the room and checked us back out. Drove around a bit, checking things out and thought the Courtesy Inn looked fine. We were pleasantly surprised with our room. Updated curtains, carpet, bedspreads and bathroom.. Flat-screen TV, microwave and little frig. They still have the old-fashioned knotty pine paneling on some walls, but it was in nice shape and gave the place a kind of cozy ,old-fashioned feel. Clean as could be and the towels were fine(to address concerns in other reviews). Easy walk to downtown and the Steelhead Brewery. Saw several flat-screen TV boxes outside the office, so they must be in the process of changing things out. We paid $68 on a Friday night, which was $10 more than the Timbers place and well worth it. Dog owners note that they do not allow pets and have a large sign that warns that you will charged $250 if you have one in the room.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 4 July 2009

I missed my train and had to stay one night in Eugene close to the train station. I checked out two motels in the area and this one was the most appealing. Workers were watering plants and hosing off the pavement. The outside was clean and welcoming and the inside of my room did not disappoint, except that there were two towels that appeared to have gone through a shredder. I was willing to overlook it because of the economy, but now I think they should make sure that the towels do not have holes in them. The staff was friendly and the free breakfast quite adequate -- I had orange juice, a muffin, and fresh fruit. I would be happy to stay there again (good rate, good location).

• Stayed June 2009, travelled solo
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 17 May 2009

OK, yes, this place is cheap. But it's also dirty. The bathroom was not clean. When I first walked into the bathroom, there was a dirty towel behind the door. And generally speaking it just was not clean.

I originally had reservations for two nights. After the first night I didn't want to stay again, and I called them around 1pm the next day to see if I could cancel my reservation. They told me no, that they could not cancel the reservation on such short notice.

So I went to check in at 4 pm and they had given my room away!

I called that night to make sure that I would not be charged for the room. It's a good thing I did, because according to my credit card statement they charged me for the second night, and then refunded the charge the following day. The whole thing left me feeling like they were trying to rip me off.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Woodinville, Washington
Reviewed 24 August 2007

We were on a 5-day trip to Oregon and this was our first stop. It is rather worn, but very clean, pretty quiet and very centrally located. The staff was friendly and accommodating, the price was very reasonable and we were very happy with it. The wi-fi connection was unreliable.

• Liked — Cleanliness and good bed.
  • Disliked — Poor internet connection.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)