“Great new place to hang out”
Review of Wild Duck Cafe

Wild Duck Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Wild Duck Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 628 Restaurants in Eugene
Price range: US$5 - US$25
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Wild Duck cafe offers high quality hand made cuisine in a unique yet comfortable atmosphere. Our flagship fresh ground natural beef burgers set the stage while a unique collection of locally crafted art and university of Oregon memorabilia create an eclectic ambience. We serve breakfast, lunch, dinner, and we have a great great pub featuring 20 Oregon craft beers for your late night enjoyment. We accommodate large groups!
Reviewed 28 October 2013

As a crazed Duck Mom I get to go to a lot of local pubs and bars in the Northwest during football season (I have no TV). This pub is the best one I have been to. The owner reminded me of Puck in Midsummer's Night Dream. He materialized everywhere. It is hard to believe that there is only one of him. The service was excellent from the rest of the staff too. This was on a night after a home football game. Imagine. They can't do enough for the customers.

I highly recommend the beer cheese soup. It is excellent. My son had a Reuben sandwich which looked generous. I also tried the Chips Kelly which was delicious. Their hummus could be a little spicier (hence the 4 star and not five star rating). However, this is not an ethnic restaurant so my critique may not be fair. The other customers may like it this way. I also appreciated the cook's consideration for cooked vegetables, since I am a vegetarian.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

While driving through Eugene on a Saturday evening on the way to Portland, we decided to have dinner here after briefly reading reviews of local restaurants, and we were very satisfied with our choice. We sat outside and found the street to be very quiet while we ate (there was an out-of-town football game that day).

Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. The menu offered a good variety of food, and we enjoyed everything we had. The chicken gorgonzola pasta was excellent! The sasquatch burger was tasty and fun to tell others about. We definitely would eat here again, especially if there were out-of-town sports events going on to make for a more calm atmosphere in town.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

Our first experience at the Wild Duck, new in our area, was for breakfast. My husband is on. Very low salt diet and has trouble finding main dishes that are not salted! Smoked salmon is offered for several breakfasts, so he asked for a sample of the salmon. To his surprise, the smoked salmon is very low salt. They smoke their own and don't use a heavy brine. We have tried several other main entrees for lunch and dinner and continue to be happy with their efforts to keep products low salt. They are friendly and willing to give samples and try to prepare foods as requested when possible. We will continue to eat there and meet friends there.

1  Thank Gmalala
Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

We started off with a calamari appetizer, which we get at every location we visit that has it on the menu. So we know good calamari when we have, however this calamari had absolutely no flavor. No seasoning and the calamari had nothing, and the dipping aioli I was not a fan of. I ended up getting a turkey sandwich with sweet potato tots and my boyfriend got the French dip with chips. For starters, sweet potatoes should never be tots again. The chips were good! And the turkey sandwich was just average. We only saw our server when she took our order and when she gave us the bill. Don't think I will be rushing back to eat here.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Had a really great lunch. Service was friendly and I enjoyed myself, especially as a Duck alum. I went back for dinner with my daughter and it was a very different experience. Still the friendly service and pretty good food. But the place had turned into a raucously loud room with rude children whose parents were too busy with each other to supervise the kids. I love kids, I teach kids. I don't like them being outrageous in a restaurant.

2  Thank judithsaxs