“fusion food”

Bon Mi
Ranked #59 of 626 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Wife and I were travelling back from Southern Oregon and stopped for lunch. We picked Bon Mi randomly. She is Korean and I wanted to try a Vietnamese sandwhich. We there around lunch time in late July. It was busy. Small restaurant, very clean, orderly and efficient. I ordered the hot and spicy pork sandwhich, she ordered Pho. Sandwich was about 8 or 9 dollars, pretty sizeable, but no sides. What I noticed about the sandwich is that it tasted a lot like Korean bulgogi. Before leaving, the counter clerk asked me if I liked it and I told her, it tasted a lot like bulgogi, and she said, "yeah, my Mom is Korean." Vietnamese barbecue is pretty tasty too, but they use a different marinade, fish sauce being a main ingredient. The sandwich also had simple pickled white radish, a sort of simple syrup and vinegar, similar to Daikon, but the Korean version is different in that it is bigger with a slightly different taste.

My point is not that it was bad. In fact it was quite good. It just wasn't a Vietnamese sandwich.

1  Thank cody w
There are newer reviews for Bon Mi

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Enjoyed the sandwiche with pork, grated radishes and jalepeno. Wasn't as hot as it sounds, especially with cooled with homemade ginger ale! We also enjoyed the spring rolls and the pho...my first experience with it. Portions were quite large and the total price was somewhat higher than I had expected. Basic seating indoors...nothing special about the decor. Enjoyed sitting outdoors and watching the people. I would go back again.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

This is a fairly new restaurant...i give it three starts but i probably wont be going back...they advertise croissants but in the three different times (lunch) I visited croissants were not available...either take it off the menu or get the bread...

I hadThinly sliced roast beef, sweet roasted red peppers, lettuce, balsamic dressing - it was very good...but the whole time i kept thinking....it would have been so much better on a croissant...i might go back if they get the croissants....

If you dont mind and like Vietnamese food...it's pretty good....

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Glad I was. It was great as is evidenced by the large lunch crowds. It's a tiny little place and you'll have a hard time finding a seat during the lunch hour. I'm a very picky eater and never have tried Vietnamese food until now, and it didn't disappoint. The Pho Ga was really yummy and filling. The sandwiches are fantastic. Everything is so fresh. The salad rolls with peanut sauce were great until I got to the tofu (really not my thing). The staff is friendly and fast. I've been back twice and will likely make it back at least once a month for lunch.

Reviewed 23 November 2012

This is a unique flavor experience for Eugene ~ quick yummy lunch with crisp pickled vegies, chewy bread, tender meat - an explosion of flavor in your mouth!!