“Eugene's Best Restaurant”
Review of Ring of Fire Restaurant - CLOSED

Ring of Fire Restaurant
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Ring of Fire restaurant is committed tosustainability and uses sustainable practiceswhenever possible. We use organic products asmuch as is physically and financially feasible,purchase 100% of our electricity from EWEBrenewable wind power, reduce energy and wastewith in-house conservation policies, filter ourwater with an Aqua-Metrics system, recycleeverything possible, compost approximately 7,200gallons of material every year and implementmany other small changes which we hope willlead us and our customers to a healthier lifestyleand environment. Please join us in theseconservation practices. Thank you for dining withus.
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Ring of Fire is the best place in town. Go in spring or fall and order whatever special has the fresh, local mushrooms. It will be one of the best things you've ever eaten. The menu is mostly Thai and is more traditional than their other restaurant, Cafe Lucky Noodle. Service is always great. They also have good lunch prices on weekdays.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Excellent meal, good service at a reasonable price in a clean, enjoyable atmosphere--what more could we ask for. We look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

a group of five went out & we dined family style so we could all share & enjoy the variety of deliciousness !
Sweet, savory , salty, citrus - all danced on the palate.
Cocktails & variety of beer was good.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We ate here on a weeknight. We went here on suggestion of a friend. I was hesitant because my spouse likes Thai food but I am much less enthusiastic about it. I was truly glad we went. The menu has an eclectic mix of pacific northwest ingredients fused with heavy Thai and light French and American culinary influences. We went with the waiter's suggestion, (btw excellent service!) for lettuce wraps and got our first real surprise at how well this mix can blend together. The appetizer seemed to have the whole pacific rim located in each bite. My spouse's main course was the Pineapple Seafood Curry Fantasy, and it lived up to the name. The plating was simply phenomenal. The prawns were served whole and dazzled next to the pacific red snapper and scallops. My spouse instantly fell in love with it, and the entire combination, including the curry, pineapples, and vegetables, were obviously cooked with great skill; the entire dish was fantastic.

I had the Orange Ginger Chicken. The dish was equally tasty and well plated. The chicken was served crisp and hot atop the vegetables, and the tastes were great but a bit to sweet for my liking.

The ambiance inside the restaurant is casual and perfect for an intimate get together. The decor has a weird blend of Mediterranean and Asian, but it all blends perfectly. According to a friend of mine, this was a French Mediterranean restaurant years ago, which accounts for the interior. The restaurant is a bit too far from downtown to walk, but an easy, short drive to get there. The neighborhood is definitely more "established", but the lack of glitz makes the experience all the more worthwhile.

I am giving it four stars only because the interior appears less than spotless. I will admit, I am an absolute clean freak when it comes to eating out and will not give any restaurant a five star if I see any uncleaned areas. In this case, the walls appeared a bit dingy and needing a good scrubbing, and the corners and baseboards had mopping stains. However, the overall condition was very good, and the food plating and taste along with alone with the quality service make this place an absolute must try. Highly Recommended.

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Fantastic service, consistently excellent food and drinks, great value, what more could you want? I'll take a Blue Devil and the Orange Ginger Chicken, please!