“above average Chinese American cusine”
Review of Ocean Sky

Ocean Sky
Ranked #378 of 616 Restaurants in Eugene
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Eugene, Oregon
“above average Chinese American cusine”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Food is tasty & without MSG
Have been going since they opened in the late 80's.
Should you stray away from the chow mein & fried rice, there are some dishes that are pretty traditional , using local ingredients.
Quick & satisfying,
Service can be spotty -

• Visited April 2013

Eugene, Oregon, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“ocean sky is ocean sty”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

The food is good-but the restaurant is dirty
It is usually really busy- but totally understaffed- so the service is slow because 1 waitress and 15 tables

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Brittney J
Eugene, Oregon
“service is hit or miss/ food is reliable”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Enough variety to please everyone in the party.
Service can be quick & pleasent or non existant.
I have walked out in the past, after waiting for over 20 minutes & getting a menu but no water or tea. (But since it is local.. I have selectively gone back when the place is not busy & enjoyed the food )

• Visited January 2013
Eugene, Oregon
“The food is great, but the service is horrible.”
Reviewed 29 August 2012

These same servers are extremely horrible in service.... I had one horrible experience... they would ignore my family completely... even after we told them 3 times we would like to order. I was so upset I stormed out and left. I'm pretty sure the girls we tried to deal with were the owner/manager anyways... so it wouldn't do me any good to talk to anyone...
Then I decided after about a year to come back, because the food is excellent... I was hoping for better service. But I called in an order about 40 minutes before I came in. She never put the order in for me until after I paid... so I had to sit for another 40 minutes. And as always she was VERY rude to me and my family...
I doubt I will ever come back to this restaurant ever again.
Not to mention the restaurant is NOT clean.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Sally D
Eugene, Or
“not a clean npolace”
Reviewed 31 May 2012

I would never return to Ocean sky. I found a small rock in my black bean sauce and when I told our server she said "we have been having trouble with that", not what I wanted to hear. This place is fairly well known locally as not being very clean.

• Visited November 2011
3 Thank mauimamaEugene_Or

Been to Ocean Sky? Share your experiences!