“good”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
eugene, oregon
“good”
Reviewed 14 February 2007

Can't expect too much in Eugene, no less an "authentic" experience. We aren't in Mexico last I checked. I don't think any Mex. food here in the US is that authentic anyway and if it was, we'd probably not recognize it if it hit it in our face. Or we'd say that even THAT was not authentic.

Ok, so I thought the food was very tasty & fresh - had the shrimp fajitas. Best I've ever had and I've lived in NYC, LA and a few parts of the midwest. Ineside it is quirky, if not a little dumpy, but that was fine. We were just happy to find a decent Mexican place that doesn't look like a greasy sports bar dive.

The chips were cold though.

The rest well worth the money.

Also, I had a mango margarita and it was good - I'm not much of an alcoholic, so I can't really comment on the content - I drink them because they taste good not because I want to get buzzed off them. If that were the case I'd order a shot.

Other than that, service was very polite and very prompt.

Monterey, California
“Rude rude rude!”
Reviewed 24 September 2006

We needed a place to eat during our last night in Eugene. We decided just to walk a block from our motel and eat here.

The food and drinks were overpriced. I come from a place full of authentic Mexican restaurants and know what it is supposed to taste like...and this wasn't it. The margaritas barely had any booze in it.

The waitress was late bringing our tortillas and when they finally did come...the food was cold. We were outside and they couldn't turn on the heat lamps because they didn't work. They also didn't turn on any more lights so we had to eat in the dark.

At the end of the meal, the waitress split our check in two, even though we specifically said not to. It also says in their policy that they don't split checks. There was a misunderstanding during they payment which was our fault but as we gathered outside to collect our thoughts on what happened, the bartender lady came outside and yelled at us. We told her that we just needed to talk about the discrepancy and she said, " It is what it is." She also told us after we paid the bill to "not come back again." This was even though we had given the waitress the standard 15% tip and paid the bill in full.

We will NEVER eat there again! I urge anyone to stay away from this place. For a great restaurant try the Steelhead Brewery on 5th St. Now that place has great food, great drinks, and great service!

2 Thank Yaeneth
California
“Great Mexican/Salvadoran restaurant!”
Reviewed 25 August 2006

Stopped in Eugene and found this small, intensely decorated place on tripadvisor.com. Great food and fun atmosphere! The hot salsa is excellent!! We split a large combination plate and enjoyed every morsel. The enchilada sauce was tasty; the mashed potato taco, although unusual, was yummy; the grilled veggies were a treat. Definitely gives the Mexican food in California (where I'm from) a run for its money. If I'm ever back in Eugene, I'll be sure to look Taco Loco up again. It's worth a second visit!

3 Thank DocCIn

Been to Taco Loco? Share your experiences!