“My how our perception changes”
Review of Morning Glory Cafe

Morning Glory Cafe
Ranked #30 of 653 Restaurants in Eugene
Price range: US$0 - US$8
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 December 2013

This is a long standing restaurant in Eugene. When we starting eating here the place was considered hippy. Now the same wholesome food is gourmet! What a change in our perception. Still excellent.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I'm getting to Eugene more often due to a new granddaughter out there and so I get to sample more of the city's vegan cuisine. Morning Glory is a favorite spot. Very comfy for a group of people or for a single as I was this visit. Had the vegan French toast and some very thick and tasty organic apple juice. Staff was exceptionally friendly and service was fast and efficient. Eugene has a distinct vibe and this is a good place to experience some of it. I wanted to come back next day but my son was making vegan waffles at home so will have to wait for next trip to get here again. The only vegan place back near me in the east has a vegan brunch only every other Saturday so Morning Glory and Eugene are real treats.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

A flashback to the '60s like the town itself, the Morning Glory Café, with its vegetarian-vegan menu, is a must-stop anytime (before 3:30) we're near Eugene, Oregon. At our most recent visit, the cheerful interior had been repainted and as usual there was an interesting show of local art on the walls. The servers were pleasant and helpful, and if there ever was a problem with slow service, I don't remember it. My usual tendency is to order one of their sweet vegan breakfasts, such as the smackin' sweet waffles and the blueberry smoothie shown in my photos, but this time I branched out to savory and ordered Chilaquiles, a rustic dish of the chef's invention. The young woman who took our order promised me it was delicious, even though I had my doubts about the idea of blue corn chips mixed into a tofu scramble. The dish satisfied on every level--flavor (sort of down-home with cumin), appearance (lots of vitamin-rich colors), and generously sized (I took a recycled paper container home with enough for the next day's lunch). Jerry let me taste his order, Little Bear's Vegan Omelette, which was folded into a crackling crisp shredded potato shell, surrounded by a bunch of sautéed vegetables and topped with tofu-based sour cream. I had my eye on one of their intriguing pastries (vegan key lime shortbread) but the feast had left me too full. Next time . . .

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Prices that a college student can afford but food that a vegetarian who is 40 plus and a wee picky can enjoy

Reviewed 22 September 2013

We did a road trip from Seattle to Northern California (to see the Redwoods.) On our back home to Seattle (from Northern Cali), we stopped in Eugene for a night. I found Eugene to be a little disappointing and not worth a day stopover BUT we needed to rest & eat. A quick Yelp search got us to Morning Glory Cafe. Morning Glory is hipster central - it seems all the cool people go here & we found service to be perfect..

I've been slowly making my way back towards vegetarianism and this place cinched it. Even after 20 years of being veg, I'd never had scrambled tofu because... well, it just wasn't that decades ago and it just sounded gross. Plus, I love eggs. I will never be a vegan. But I tried the Mama's Tofu Scramble and it was DELICIOUS. Just a tad bit heavy on the spices but great texture and LOADED with vegetables. The cinnamon raisin toast I got was awesome - I was expecting the usual heavy sweet style bread, but it was normal toast with a subtle & wonderful cinnamon flavor and a few raisins. My son got the French Toast (YUM) and my husband, who has an egg allergy, tried the vegan Belgian waffles. He has always been leery of "vegan" and "vegetarian" anything, so he was happily surprised with the waffles.

Lastly - fresh squeezed oj and great coffee!!