“Working man's sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
st paul
“Working man's sushi”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

Decent sushi at a decent price. Flavors were strong and quality was pretty good. Plenty of locals were in early (1130 am) and a lot of families with young kids everywhere.

• Visited July 2013

Eugene, Oregon
“I used to like it until they opened the new place on campus.”
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I saw them open a package of eel, and it was from China! Ugh! Why would I want to eat fish from China when there is eel much closer and of higher quality. China and food don't mix in my book until they clean up their act!! Price is not as important as the quality to me! Kamitori knows how to serve fresh and high quality fish.

1 Thank Sheilafresser23
BONANZA
“A New Discovery”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

It takes me 4 hours to reach Eugene from my home, but a day long trip was required of me. I did the internet searches for local Japanese restaurants and found this one close to where I would be doing business that day. I arrived just as they were opening for lunch. I was the only person there for most of my meal. Several folks came in for pick up orders and as I was leaving, several others were coming in for their noontime meal.

Having lived in Japan back in the 1980's, I love Japanese food! I ordered my standard fair and was very surprised at the quality, taste and presentation of what I ordered.

The restaurant itself was very nicely set up. It has the look as an American Japanese Restaurant. I was amazed that there was actually a conveyor belt with sushi that you could select from. The only other place I have seen this type of selection was on Kauai at a local eating hole. I ordered my meal from the menu since I already knew what I wanted.

Because I don't make trips to Eugene very often, I don't know the city that well. But I will definitely be back here for lunch.

I would recommend this place to my friends and family!

• Visited April 2013
Walla Walla, Washington
“Delicious sushi, but expensive”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I have always wanted to come here and finally made it. I wish I remembered the names of what I ordered, but I know one was salmon and one was spicy tuna. It was for sure spicy but it had mango on top which was a nice touch.

For just 13 pieces of sushi (2 rolls) it was almost $25, so expect to pay some money.

But overall, really enjoyed the food and the service. Sit by the window on a nice day and do some people watching.

• Visited May 2013
Eugene, Oregon
“Good instant gratification sushi!”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Love the conveyor belt and the ability to sit down and start eating. Also good sit down menu. Nice ambiance and location.

Visited April 2013