“AMAZING winery”
Review of King Estate Winery

King Estate Winery
Ranked #7 of 93 things to do in Eugene
More attraction details
Owner description: King Estate Winery is a family owned Biodynamic(C) vineyard and winery in Oregon's Southern Willamette Valley. Founded in 1991 by the King family, King Estate is committed to producing wines of exceptional quality using organic & sustainable farming methods, meticulous fruit selection, and impeccable winemaking practices. King Estate focuses on producing world-class Pinot Gris and Pinot Noirs, while also producing other excellent varietals under their Acrobat and North by Northwest labels. The onsite King Estate Restaurant is dedicated to pairing premium quality Northwest wines with regional specific culinary plates. King Estate's culinary team, led by Executive Chef Sean Winder, uses seasonal organic ingredients whenever possible, and sources those ingredients as locally as possible. King Estate is 100% owned and operated by the King Family.
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I'm not a big fan of wine, and seldom do I check out wineries, but my girlfriend and I stopped by King Estate as we were driving through Eugene. If paradise existed on Earth, it would be at King Estate Winery. I still have dreams about it.

We arrived early (before opening actually) on a Thursday in July - we were the only ones in the tasting room for a while. I gotta give the bartenders a lot of credit - they are excellent salespeople. Their secret sales formula? Give fun-loving couple generous pours from numerous and various wines. Yes, we were very tipsy and ended up purchasing more wine than I've had in my lifetime. Went on the tour (only because I was drunk, and had to sober up to drive), but I thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful grounds. Lastly, finished our amazing day with lunch on the patio overlooking the vineyard - the best lunch (and burger) ever!

I can not stop recommending and telling people about King Estate. Get there early before the crowds - I promise you'll have an amazing experience even if you're note a wine connoisseur. It's worth a drive wherever you're coming from.

Reviewed 16 June 2010

A wonderful winery with a fabulous vista of the Willamette Valley and delicious dishes to enjoy for lunch of dinner. There is a limited free wine tasting. The only reason I didn't give it an excellent was the tour guide did a really poor job.

Reviewed 10 June 2010

We sampled wine first, and they charged $5.00. But if you purchased a bottle you received $5 off, so the tasting was essentially free. The wine was tasty, and priced right. We had lunch on the terrace afterwards. It was some of the best food ever, and very inexpensive! Most of their food is home grown and made nearby.

1  Thank Tracy B
Reviewed 11 September 2009

King Estate is a fabulously gorgeous winery. The grounds are just magnificent and people are allowed to walk all over the grounds and relax on benches or chairs scattered here and there. The reason we chose King Estate winery was #1 we drink their wine back home in Florida, and lucky for us they were one of the few winery's that served food. And, the food was excellent and very affordable. $12 for a gourmet chicken entree for lunch can't be beat. Of course, the wines were delicious. The service was excellent. This was our last day of our vacation and what a great memory. I did not want to leave the place. We ate outside on the patio and the weather was perfect, with a perfect view. Great wine tasting room also. Don't miss visiting this most wonderful winery.

2  Thank nangwynn
Reviewed 12 May 2009

Having visited just about all the wineries in the Loraine Valley, I can't say enough about King Estate--the quality of the wines and chef Michael Landsberg's incredible food. The views are spectacular (like something out of Tuscany) there are lots of outdoor tables, and if you arrive in time for lunch (which runs until 5:00pm) you can get a great meal at a great price. (Dinner is delicious, but a bit pricey).

Everyone who works there seems happy to help, and it is definitely worth a trip.