“brand new, spacious rooms!”

Express Inn and Suites
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Eugene
north carolina
“brand new, spacious rooms!”
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Wow, as a seasoned traveler, I was on my way to another motel just 200 yards away and thought, maybe they will honor another motels coupon. Guess what? THEY DID!!
The motel staff was very friendly. They have excellent rooms here. I even asked if anybody was above me, because I do not like the foot traffic and noise, they said no and I suspect they did not put anybody there just for me. I appreciate that very much.

Room Tip: Spacious bathrooms, comfy bed, nice and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Czech first
Victoria, BC, CDA
Reviewed 5 November 2010

I booked a room based on the reviews on TA, but the date of the booking defaulted to the date I was actually keying in the request. When I received my email confirmation at 9:43 pm it was for that very night. With a 3 day requirement for cancellation I was already too late to do anything. To make it worse I didn't notice until the next day that the date was incorrect. I responded right away to the email address they indicated on the email. No response. I waited a couple of days and sent another message through the email address they provided explaining again the problem. Again, no response. I then noticed that my credit card has been charged the full amount for the room. I called and spoke to the manager. She was not helpful, and even though I am very sure that there were plenty of rooms on that non-game day Monday night she insisted that she had to hold the room and that she could've rented it out. She had no explanation for the lack of responses to my emails. Friendly throughout the discussion I asked if I could receive a credit because we would still like to stay at their hotel sometime, and we frequently travel to Eugene. She refused. I told her I was very disappointed in her unhelpful response and that she has lost a potential customer. To each his own, but I am surprised by how quickly my business was tossed. I would've been happy with any sort of olive branch on her part. Now I know how little I am worth to her hotel business.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bctovegas

Travellers are raving about these Eugene hotels

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 16 April 2010

I was caught off-guard, and had to find a cheap motel fast. Most cheap (price) hotels/motels are dumpy, but not this one. I was nervous about the room when I checked in, but the lobby was nice so there was hope. I was assigned to room 201 and was very pleased. The door is solid and the room was clean. When I saw the word Suites in the motel name, I kind of chuckled, but there was actually a sofa and coffee table in the room. I had a queen-sized bed; microwave; refrigerator, and ironing board. Sadly, there was no coffee machine, so I had to drive to McDonald's for my morning "fix". The bathroom/shower was nice, with thick towels. The TV was small but lots of channels, and a clear picture. The neighborhood is far from ideal, but I was never bothered by noise, and the parking lot is clean and well lit. This is not the Hilton, but for the price I payed ($132 incl. tax for 2 nights), I was impressed. The staff was very friendly, and I plan on staying here again. I usually take pics, but didn't have my camera. I will on my next stay, and will add them to this review. I hope this helped you.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank UScardinal
Philadelphia
Reviewed 30 April 2007

We lived in the Whitaker neighborhood between 2004 and 2006, and our apartment was too small for guests; so to accommodate our guests, I visited and examined all the cheap motels between Whitaker and the university. The Express Inn was the best. It was the cleanest, least dingy, most spacious, and, fairly newly renovated, it was in satisfactory shape. Guests appreciated the A/C on hot summer days. Rooms were reliably available. Sometimes our guests tried staying at other motels to see if they could get a better deal at the price, but they always came back to the Express Inn. I found that if you got a quote from another hotel, you could negotiate a more reasonable rate with the Express Inn; but by now there may be more collusion among motel-owners in Eugene. 6th and 7th St.s are car-funnelling eyesores, but despite the big homeless and tweaker presence, they're very safe, and really only a block off of nice residential neighborhoods with little parks, great cafes like Sweet Life, and Sam Bond's, a superlative pub. It's close to downtown too.

• Liked — convenient location, cleanliness, spaciousness, cheap
  • Disliked — no amenities, just a place to sleep
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank BlanchePoubelle
San Francisco
Reviewed 21 October 2006

Clean, but too many other issues. Not good value for the money - it was as expensive as any other place we stayed but only about one quarter as pleasant. First of all it's in a so-so area on a very noisy street and the doors and windows open to the street. We couldn't get the key to open the door at first. The front desk guy showed us that you have to pull on the door just so to get the key to work. The room smelled strongly like insecticide - not what you want to smell when entering a motel room. There was a fly in the room so apparently it didn't work. The weirdest thing was that the toilet paper dispenser was about 4 feet from the toilet, so unless your arms are 4 feet long you have to get off the toilet to tear off the paper. The shower temperature settings were reversed - the hot water was where it was marked cold. The complimentary coffee was not in the room, it was in the front office. There was no breakfast apart from teeny tiny plastic-wrapped muffins. We won't stay here again.

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Many issues
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank sfoadvisor
Ocoee, FL
Reviewed 7 September 2006

The Express Inn is only a few years old, the property is small, neat and clean, with flowers planted where they can. It is a basic travelers hotel, with a small office check in area. The rooms are a decent size and very clean. My only problem was the area had quite a few folks wandering around who didn't seem to have jobs. This concerned me a bit, until we talked with some ladies in the shops downtown who assured us that they might ask for some spare change (and we did get one very polite request) but wouldn't cause any problems. They were right. Tho I probably wouldn't wander around at night here, everything worked out well. There are quite a few small motels in this neighborhood, this seems to be hotel row for Eugene.

• Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
5 Thank PeggyZ
Sonoma County, CA
Reviewed 20 July 2006

Other reviews are correct when they say that the property is newer-- 2 - 3 years old. Our room was larger than a standard room but far from a "suite." One bed had several questionable stains on the blanket and when we requested extra blankets they had none without stripping a bed in another room. They washed the dirty bedding and returned it to us. The air conditioner smelled of urine when turned to vent, but the ac worked. The 6th street people traffic are shady/scary. We were unable to find name brand stores/resturants close. I would NOT stay here again.

• Liked — The free internet access
  • Disliked — The overall cleanliness of the bedding
  • Tips/Secrets — Check the room BEFORE you pay--if it sounds too good to be true--it is!!
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank ofd547
, Manager at Express Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 20 August 2010
Dear TripAdvisor member,

Although we are a new motel in the Eugene Area, we will do our best to resolve your issues with our motel. We are sorry that you were not happy and we will do our best to resolve this conflict.

Anand Patel, Manager