“Good value”

Express Inn and Suites
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Eugene
“Good value”
Reviewed 2 October 2013

The hotel was clean and the beds were comfortable. There was a fridge, microwave, iron and hair dryer. The TV was an old tube but we didn't care too much about that. It was a good place to sleep for a pretty good price.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Czech first
Bremerton, Washington
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We drove to San Francisco for a wedding this past weekend (drove down Wed, came back Mon). We stopped in Eugene Wednesday night (18th) at the Express Inn and Suites based on reviews here and a really good online price. We were very happy with the property. While very simple and a bit dated, the room/lobby/parking lot was clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly and efficient. I would mention that the neighborhood was a bit sketchy but the motel property was completely fenced and well lit. There was a convenience store right across the street, a grocery store a block down, and several good restaurants within walking distance (though I would be cautious walking after dark). The location was really quiet and we slept very well. We liked the motel enough that we stayed there again when we returned from San Francisco on Sunday night (22nd).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tuckmics
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I arrived way too early before check in and the friendly staff let me put my stuff in the room, recommended a cool place to eat (and it was) and by the time I was done eating my room was ready. I was in town for a Cheap Trick show and it was 99 degrees outside. The air conditioner worked very well and I was cool and comfortable. Nice little couch area and great bathroom w/ fridge, microwave, TV was adequate but got many channels, no big deal. I even had an iron and hairdryer. Bed was very comfortable. For what I paid and how I was treated...this place rocked. Thanks Express, probably see you in AUG for another show and relative visit.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
USA
Reviewed 23 July 2013

was sended to eugene for bussines, and wanted to give to the local bussines a try. so i decided after drive arround for some time choose this hotel for two nights, have to said that the room was clean nd very well keep, got a fridge & microwave that i did not used at all, a small couch was on it too so very happy to stayed on it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Eugene itself sucks big-time and I really didn't enjoy this part of town (I was just passing through)..

This place is a decent buy for the money and the room is LARGE with a sitting area, decent bed, kitchen (fridge, microwave, etc) and the bathrooms are very nice. Everything is updated, clean, modern, safe - and you get free wifi. It isn't any Motel 6 type of nonsense even though the budget is only slightly higher.

There is a "continental breakfast" that I chose to skip since I had to get on the road early which seems to be a pastry of some sort and coffee, but it is still nice of them. The staff was very helpful and nice with everything I asked. There was plenty of parking and my spot was right next to my room which was also very nice.

All in all, I had no major complaints. I only knock a star off because Eugene sucks and ideally I would have preferred to pay $10 less even though I do like the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Fresno, California
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I stay here with my job, so I can't comment on price, because I have no clue what it is, but can tell you, it's a comfy, clean, and nice little place! The folks that own it and that work here are really nice, the rooms are recently updated I believe, everything in my room looks fresh or clean(see my photos!) , and some items look new, such as the heat/ac unit! I asked what it would cost (estimate) for my Wife & I to stay here, and based on what I was told, I would definitely stay here on a personal visit!

OK, important others! The parking lot is adequate, but small & tight. If you are hauling a rental moving van or truck, you might want to call and see what is going on, maybe there is room? I parked the company truck (semi, no trailer) in it just now/today, and there are 4 others here as well, and still plenty of slots left for cars!

There is a 7-11 directly across the street, and just a 1/2 block beyond the 7-11 is a local grocery store. The rooms have NO COFFEE pot, but DOES have a microwave & refrigerator. ALL rooms here are non-smoking, but the front desk has no problem providing an ashtray so you can smoke outside your door. A lot of hotels/motels I stay at with my job are going non-smoking, probably better for me huh? ;)

Please ALWAYS keep peoples comments just as that, THEIR comments, you can't please all the people all the time right? Overall, I think this is a cute/quaint little independent motel, and am VERY impressed at cleanliness and friendliness, I definitely recommend them! :)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Stephens City, Virginia
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Flew in from Washington DC and needed a room for the night. Price was reasonable and our room was clean too. We knew we wouldn't get there until after midnight and they had no problem with this. We arrived at 12:47 am and were checked in within a few minutes. We had the handicapped room which is bigger than the regular rooms. Very nice. Bathroom was huge and our room had a pull out couch, microwave, and refrigerator too. However, we were only there for about 7 hours. Will stay again when we are in the area. And for what it is worth, not only Eugene, but the surrounding area have a lot of homeless and transient people everywhere. Every town we visited, had transient people.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family