Downtown Inn
  • Restaurant
Very Good 4/5
Rodeway Inn(Eugene)
Good 3.5/5
All reviewscontinental breakfastmotor court motelstayed herehult centerolder propertyone nightan early flightroad tripthe owner managerfit the billwill stay there againyogurtqueen roomroom was cleanhot showerrestaurants and barsfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I will say this, this motel offers a refrigerator & microwave. I stayed in a 4 star hotel that didn't offer those items. It's a cute, very old fashioned motel. Rooms are large and I giggled at the cute little built in heater in the bathroom. The shower is like a small tiled closet and just made me feel like I stepped back into time. Mattresses are hard as a rock though and my room needed to be renovated as I could see plaster patches and water damage in the bathroom. Continental breakfast is a bit of a joke. Two types of cereal, orange drink, terrible tasting packaged muffins, coffee, basic tea and fruit. Not much to it. All-in-all not a bad experience, just not my usual comfort.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
5  Thank kalenacole
Henry P, Manager at Downtown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2015

Thank you for the feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. From everyone here at Downtown Inn we would like to extend our sincere gratitude for your business and wish you safe travels!!

Reviewed 31 May 2011

My wife and I stayed here after booking the room on Orbitz. We had never stayed in Eugene before and therefore had no "go to" place. We took a chance and it worked out very well. The motel is pretty old, which means rather large rooms and our room had been freshly remodeled. I thought it cute that we had an old fashioned key instead of the usual credit card type key. We had a large bathroom with a tub, refrigerator, and microwave. Being a rural kind of guy, I had some anxiety about staying right downtown. It was well lighted and there are security cameras around. The only downside was there are 28 units in the front section and only 17 parking places. Someone potentially has to park somewhere else. That aside, I'll be back next time I need a room in Eugene.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank slider05

Thank you for the feedback. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. From everyone here at Downtown Inn we would like to extend our sincere gratitude for your business.

Reviewed 15 September 2010

Spent one night in Eugene's Downtown Motel in September. Had researched several Motels close to the train depot on the net, and this one sounded like the best.
I made my reservations on line, and upon arrival we found the Downtown Motel was just as advertised. Had all of the things I find important in a Motel. Good managers, logged us in quickly and efficiently, The room was clean with no odd smells (we had reserved a no smoking room with a single king sized bed.) Bed and bathroom linens were clean and bright, Bathroom and tub were clean, with lot's of hot water. We had a good nights sleep, with only minimal noise form the street. Before check out we tried the Breakfast, found cold Cereal with milk, bananas, coffee(bad!), muffins, and a news paper to read. The price was as listed. Only a seven block walk back to the Depot. We will stay here again.
As an aside, this Motel along with several others in this area, subscribed to a service called Pony Express. Placed upon the table in our room were several menu's from different cafe's in the area. You could make your meal selection from the menu, call Pony Express, and for a flat charge of $4.50 they will go to the restaurant/cafe, place your order and deliver it to your room. Such a deal! Wished others did the same.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank oldfolkshere
Henry P, Manager at Downtown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2015

Reviewed 3 February 2010

This is my second time staying here from Florida.
I booked for 2 weeks this time ($450) because my housing in
Eugene fell through and my flight doesn't leave till then.
They remembered me & waved the deposit because they said
I was "clean". :)

I had a minor issue with the toilet in one of the remodeled rooms in the front,
they quickly fixed it the next morning. I noticed they had smoking rooms,
and they prompty told me when the next one was available.
It was one of the older type rooms (smaller TV & older furnishings), BUT it had a bigger bathroom & a nice sized TUB, which I prefer to just a shower.
All the appliances worked, the heater heats up the room fast.
Being a lone female, security is important...The lighting is very bright on the outside.
Lots of homeless walking around Eugene, not necessarily violent folk, but if you want
an extra level of security, ask for a room in the front, or by the main office.
FREE WIFI is a HUGE PLUS.
It's close proximity to cool downtown Eugene also hurts the sound levels a bit,
you can hear every car going by. I always wear earplugs when I sleep so
it didn't bother me.
The bed's are comfy, not hard, room is bigger than expected.
I stayed in lots of motels in Florida at a similar price point, and this place
puts them to shame.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank CEBallas

Reviewed 29 September 2009

Made a reservation on Orbitz and called the motel directly(BIG MISTAKE) to change the reservation for two days later. I was told that it was no problem but when I showed up, they had no rooms and charged my credit card any way. NOT TO BE TRUSTED! STill fighting with my credit card company. Stay away, many more honest motel owners in Eugene.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business