Free cancellation until 27/07
US$127
Hilton.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Comfort Suites Eugene(Eugene)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$136
US$76
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$146
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 July 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Econo Lodge in Eugene, OR on Thursday 6/21/12 on our final night of a one week road trip down the coast of Washington, Oregon, and Northern California. On our last day we took I-5 through Oregon to get back to Seattle for our flight the next day. We made it as far as Eugene before needing to pull over and get a room. We did not like the looks of the hotel when we got there and normally would have passed up a place like this, but they were having Olympic trials that weekend in Eugene and the whole city was almost booked up. We had tried nicer places before finding this place, but they were all booked. That's how we learned about the Olympic trials. It was either stay or drive all night and then have no rest for our late night flight the next day. So we took our chances. We lost. It was in a pretty rough looking part of town, at least in my opinion. They did not have the lobby unlocked at 10:30 PM but you had to talk through a safety window on the side while you stood outside and booked the room. The lady working that night was not friendly at all. She was not particularly mean, but just straight to the point - all business without considering your needs or concerns. She ran through the "routine" giving me all the same info she has probably given hundreds of times and, I'm sure, gets tired of repeating. Yet, it was our first time in this city and we were a little nervous in the area we found ourselves, besides being tired and dirty from the road. We could have used a friendly reassuring voice. Next, the room. It was one of the worst I have ever stayed in. It was cramped to where you could barely get around. The chair for the computer desk barely fit between the desk and the bed so that you could hardly move it enough to get in the chair. Worse than that was how dirty it was. Normally I would either demand my money back or just leave and lose the money before sleeping in a place like this. But we were so tired and our flight left Seattle the next night after midnight, so we had to go all day without another room and then an all night flight home, so this was going to be the last chance for rest we had. So, we just stayed. My wife pulled back the covers and found a big, long black hair in the sheets. We didn't like that at all but gave the benefit of the doubt. I felt so uncomfortable that I just slept in my clothes and on top of the covers. Good thing too. The next morning as I was moving the covers around making sure we had all our stuff while packing, I pulled the covers back on my side and saw a big "stain" on the sheet. I can't guarantee what kind of stain, but I thought the worst. It sure wasn't coffee or soft drink stain. I was glad I slept on top of the covers and in my clothes. Needless to say we were ready to get out of there. I know it's not fair to stereotype based on one hotel experience, but it sure left a bad impression of Eugene, OR for us. I know all cities have places like this in them. Worst of all is that for all 7 nights of our road trip, this was the worst hotel we had all week, yet it was the most expensive one too. We paid the most for the worst room of the week.

Room Tip: Find something else if at ALL possible.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank phillipsjosh2415
Reviewed 9 July 2012

With the olympic trials in Eugene, I thought I would be unable to find a decent room. When I learned the price of Econo Lodge, I thought surely it would be substandard, it was far below the others. But what a pleasant surprise! From the moment I walked in, I found the staff friendly and helpful, even carrying all my bags out and upstairs. The room was a plenty adequate size. More importantly, it was spotless! Also well-equipped, nicely furnished, VERY comfortable king bed. An added feature for couples is the extra sink & mirror in the bathroom, as well as the main room vanity/sink. Enjoyed Free internet service (gave me password along with the room key). The breakfast was a simple continental self-serve, and more than enough for me. One mention of the shuttle service--I paid $22.50 each way, from the hotel to Eugene airport, on Omni shuttle, the going rate. The hotels with the free shuttle were more than double, so this was the best choice for me. All in all, it was a most positive experience. I was impressed with the friendly service, the cleanliness of the lobby & room, and the reasonable price. I'll be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

Came for the Olympic Trials in Eugene. Most places I would usually stay were totally booked so we tried the Econo Lodge. I paid 70 a might which was a bargain and I was not expecting much. It seems to be located in an odd part of town near the salvation army building and outreach buildings but was ok. You can walk several blocks to local resturants. I would not recommend this place for families. More of a place to sleep and shower only.

• Stayed: June 2012
A TripAdvisor Member
Edmonds, Washington, USA
Reviewed 10 April 2012

low quality but nice service. if someone was looking for an inexpensive place to stay then I would recommend it to them. It was not in the nicest neighborhhood and the room was not well laid out.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
Reviewed 8 March 2012

We had the best sleep of our 8,000 mile round trip at this motel...and it was the cheapest!! Clean room, very comfy bed, and friendly staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple