See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I was unaware smoking rooms were still allowed in the state of Oregon. Apparently they're still legal. I didn't request non smoking when I filled out reservation, so I was stuck with a smoking room that smelled like smoke (no surprise). I left the window open (contemplated the door) to get as much air as possible. Fan only comes on periodically (I assume to save energy). This is Motel 6 quality but with the additional price. I concur with earlier comment with too much stuff in tiny space. Don't bother to try to check in early (arrived at 1:00pm). I was told no rooms available yet (even though not a car in the lot). One surprising positive quality was the internet and fridge with freezer. I actually had a strong signal that stayed on and the frig was actually cold. Otherwise this place would get a one star. I will say this place is no exception to other marginal motels in this town. I was here for graduation and all the motels know how to get the most of your wallet!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2013

My friend traveled from upstate NY and had reserved a room for a few nights. He didn't get to the hotel until late and they went ahead and canceled his reservation and rented the room to someone else. All while still charging him for the room someone else rented. Awful service! Its not like they don't have other rooms! Also, poor location and the rooms are little to be desired!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank TJkjkjtwcw
Reviewed 16 April 2013

My wife & I stayed here recently during a weekend trip to Eugene. Everything went really well. Our room was clean & larger than what we were expecting. Wi-fi worked pretty well. The staff were very friendly & the breakfast was slightly more than what I was expecting which wasn't much. The hotel is in a safe location. We even bike there from the train station which is only about a mile away. Definitely, would stay here again if we decide to make a return trip to Eugene. Good values for the money.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Although this had a lovely staff and all the amenities, we had several problems with the room. We could not get internet connection in our room so we were moved to a second room. We did get internet connection in our second room, but the sink in the bathroom (there was a second sink outside the bathroom...unusual) was loose from the wall and without a supporting cabinet I was afraid the sink might fall off; the sink also leaked water when we turned on the faucet.

There was too much impractical furniture for comfort in the small room. To open our TV 'cabinet' so we could see the TV from bed we had to move the desk out of the way as the bottom of the cabinet door did not clear the top of the desk by about 1/2 inch. We had to move the rolling chair that went with the desk from under the desk to against the door so we could comfortably walk between the bottom of the bed and the desk and TV cabinet. We had to move the second chair that was between the bed and outside wall out of the way and put it next to the 'desk' chair in front of the door so we could comfortably pass between the bed and the outside wall (the wall with the front door, window and cooling/heating system under the window). The clothing hanging rack was a bit impractical...I initially hung my coat towards the end of the rack so my coat would not hang right above my roll aboard that was on the luggage rack beneath the clothes bar. There was not a sufficient end on the rail and the hanger with my coat slid off the rail. To keep things on the rack I had to put them in the middle between the braces. It seemed the room was not well thought out, too much furniture.

On a ++ note, the staff was very pleasant and the breakfast was robust.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2013

As a frequent business traveler, accomodations are important to me. I look not only search for value but safe and clean properties. The hosts are most welcoming at this Econo Lodge and the rooms are comfortable. This is my preferred property in the Eugene area. Note that I have stayed at this location for 2-3 times a year the last several years. It's also nice to earn Choice Privileges points too!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business