“Favorite stay of our Oregon road trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of C'est La Vie Inn

C'est La Vie Inn
Ranked #2 of 17 Eugene B&B and Inns
Montrose, California
“Favorite stay of our Oregon road trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

I have nothing but wonderful things to say about this lovely B and B. The grounds and decor are beautiful, and our room "Gauguin" was inviting and comfortable after a long day of driving. After sleeping more soundly than I had in months, breakfast was delicious, the company was delightful, and we regretted planning to stay only one night. The innkeepers and staff were so friendly and appeared to genuinely enjoy what they do. The location was within a long walk or short drive away from the downtown area of Eugene, and the perfect spot to stop before continuing our road trip east to Bend along the McKenzie River. Will definitely return and stay for
at least a few nights.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

My mother came to visit me and instead of having her stay at my apartment with my 3 stinky roommates, I booked a room at this gorgeous B&B as a surprise. The Inn Keepers were wonderfully accommodating and helped execute my plan perfectly. My mother was completely surprised and astounded at the beauty of this house. The entire place is so inviting and magical with the gorgeous garden that surrounds the Inn. We slept soundly and enjoyed a delicious breakfast that felt like a tea party for two. The only disappointing aspect of the trip was the fact that I had to leave so early to get to work the next morning. I would have loved to spend more time at this beautiful Inn!!! My mother and I definitely plan to return upon her next visit to Eugene. I could not speak more highly about this establishment.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Lillian G
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! Did I say wonderful? This cute french style home located in Eugene, OR was one of the best places I have ever stayed. The couple that run the place have everything decorated perfectly. The room was HUGE and felt like home. Everything was clean and comfortable. The room was very modern but with an old world flare that just made the whole experience so much fun! The breakfast was delicious and they were very generous with their offerings of cookies, coffee, tea and bottled water. You must check out their miniature train set in the beautifully decorated garden. My husband I stayed here one night while on our honeymoon but we wish we would of stayed longer. We will be back for our anniversary!

Room Tip: If you can swing for the master/honeymoon suite, do so. It's fabulous!
1 Thank SilverLace11
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is a very nice B&B with a very friendly inn keepers who will make you feel at home. The gardens are some of the nicest you will ever see and the rooms are finely decorated. Breakfast was delicious and as a coffe snob I will give Cest la Vie a passing grade. My only complaint about the B&B is that the breakfast portion could be bigger. A minor issue in an otherwise delightful stay. The fresh baked cookies were a nice touch.

On the down side Eugene has very little to offer. My wife and I did fine some very scenic wineries within a short drive and there are plenty of other attractions in there area, but Eugene is worth skipping.

lattexpress, Owner at C'est La Vie Inn, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
The city of Eugene is one of few of its size that has a robust symphony, opera, and ballet companies. This week marks the Bach Music Festival that attracts visitors from across the nation and beyond. The University of Oregon is the magnet that draws students from all over the world to pursue their studies. While Eugene is not a destination spot like Niagara Falls or Disneyland, it is a scenic stop for travelers journeying from Seattle or San Francisco, a haven for sports, music and theater events throughout the year. GO DUCKS!
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I don't want to be redundant and repeat everything that has been said before. I'm not particularly fond of B&B/s but yes, it is an exquisitely restored Victorian mansion in a rather undeserving neighborhood, the gardens are magnificent , and the hospitality warm and inviting.There wasn't one detail that was missed in the decoration or the renovation. I wish it had been warmer to sit in the gardens and enjoy it's beauty.
Jack was the only one there the weekend I stayed and did his best to "be in charge," and always offer help with whatever was needed.
The Inn is conveniently located between downtown and the airport and easy to get to. There is lots of parking right in front of the Inn.
If I had one complaint, it might be that I found the breakfast to be quite ordinary. (Maybe because the Madame was out of town.) Anyhow, it left room to head towards the Sweet Life Bakery on Monroe. It is a wonderful place to have a good cup of coffee and a yummy treat/sweet or savory.
Staying in the Inn and seeing the gardens was very special. Definitely worth a stop instead of the usual chain hotel.

Room Tip: Only four rooms and a separate suite. You can hear everyone coming and going regardless, so grab w...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank WorldTraveler-46
Medford, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the C'est La Vie Inn for a weekend getaway. There is a certain charm to the Inn which we particularly enjoyed and the Innkeepers were wonderful. We were greeted with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and advice of places to see in the area. The room we stayed in was the Monet suite which was lovely. The room was comfortable with a luxurious bathroom. The grounds were beautiful with great attention to detail everywhere and ample secluded sitting areas to enjoy a good book! My husband and I recommend this place!

1 Thank m_bernales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

Beautifully appointed restored Victorian mansion with the most comfortable beds imaginable. Jack and Anne Marie are gracious hosts. Delicious fruit and cheese blintz casserole for breakfast. Gorgeous gardens and no detail overlooked.

Room Tip: The Monet room was great.
1 Thank Mark C