“Italian home comfort cooking in a homey environment”

Beppe & Gianni's Trattoria
Ranked #9 of 635 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2013

It was raining in Eugene (big surprise) and so to enter a converted Victorian-style house, that felt like your Italian grandmother's (I didn't have one, but someone else quite accurately described it that way) was the ultimate in launching a comfort food dinner experience.

We were welcomed by our server, Heather, who was very attentive, friendly, and really added to our overall experience. We started by sharing an outstanding Caesar salad that was crisp, fresh, and with just the right amount of dressing. We each ordered pasta for our entrees and both were good and satisfying while nothing extraordinary. Next time, seriously, I would order a full Caesar salad for myself, and then share an order of pasta. The very fresh bread that accompanied the dinner and was replenished by Heather without our even asking was absolutely wonderful, with or without the olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

We had a cozy and comfortable dinner experience on that rainy Monday night near the University of Oregon campus. There is a restaurant parking lot (that is bigger than it looks) around and behind the restaurant, as well as street parking. It was good to learn that the restaurant is open almost always, seven days a week. Very warm, sustaining environment.

1  Thank NYCbacktoLAhooray

Reviewed 4 November 2013

If you want great Italian food in a nice setting in Duck-ville. Check out Beppe & Gianni's. This little place serves up food that I love, and really should only eat on special occasions (i.e., my financial budget goes further than my nutritional budget). But for a special event starring Italian Food.. This is where I go in Eugene.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Charming restaurant in the University area. Enjoyed a glass of wine at the bar while we waited for a table. I had salmon with pasta. It was okay. The missus ordered a dish that had a white sauce but got something entirely different. Our server was a little odd and seemed somewhat distracted. I tried the panna cotta for desert and it was really good. Saved the day for me. Tables are a little close together. A little a bit intrusive when the couple next to you are making moon faces to each other.

1  Thank Dogtooth1947
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Beppe and Gianni don't accept reservations so you need to get there by 5:30 if you want to eat anytime soon. And you do! I ate there twice when I brought my daughter to the U of O for her freshman year and will go back often. The minestrone is a highlight, as are the "Bishop's Hats" pasta. Prosciutto and melon so elegant and plenty for two. You can't go wrong, in my opinion.

1  Thank judithsaxs
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This place is a hit with locals and visitors. The old world Italian food is always terrific and rich. They have great wine selections and awesome desserts. This is a local restaurant near the University of Oregon. It has a nice local feel and in the summer it's fun to sit outside in front. It's easy to recommend it.