“Good Value”

Ranked #9 of 35 Hotels in Eugene
A TripAdvisor Member
“Good Value”
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Good location, fair price, real staff (not corporate). We came here for a cheap room and found good value. An easy walk to some killer coffee on Pearl and area restos. A good size room and short stroll to front desk. Classical music in the lobby! Soothing. Mid-Century vibe.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Bellaire, Michigan
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Timbers is a cute little motel in downtown Eugene! It was very clean and surprisingly quiet for a city motel. It also has a laundry on site, which is a great feature for travelers. I would stay there again if I ever find myself back in Eugene.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Katherine B
Oregon
Reviewed 25 February 2014

My son and I stayed here over a weekend while at a UofO vball tourney. The managers were kind and helpful. Our room perfect with a huge tv and a recliner. Super quiet even though we were next to a street. Loved it.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank jkt4
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Despite positive reviews for the Timbers Motel, based on the low price we paid to stay here for one night, I was worried it would be a less-than-savory place. Plus I had been in there ten years ago while attending the U of O, and I recall it being sketchy. Luckily I was wrong and it turned out to be quite a desirable motel room. The room had a hardwood floor, comfortable bed, table with two chairs, large flat screen TV, and a small but fine bathroom (with - gasp - excellent water pressure!). The room was immaculate and had no funky smell that tends to come standard with many budget motels. Unfortunately the mini fridge did not work, so we had to throw out some leftovers we were hoping to grub on later -- not the worst fate in the world. The rooms are on the smaller side but ours was spacious enough for two people. The Timbers is located downtown in a perfect spot for walking to restaurants, shops, and wherever else you'd like to check out. I didn't partake of it, but there was a small breakfast bar in the lobby in the morning (muffins, coffee, juice, etc.). The staff was very courteous when we checked in and out. If you're used to the Hilton or Four Seasons, this may not suit your taste but it's completely clean and functional. I'm really glad they updated this place, as that's where we'll be staying when we visit Eugene again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SaEofDoom
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I Really enjoyed my stay at the timbers motel. I often have negative experiences while trying to rent motels due to my tattoos and piercings. I felt welcome and respected at the timbers motel. The room was clean and very comfortable. I would stay here again. -Megan Graham

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank 12Megan
Belfair, Washington
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I have personally been to over 7 hotel motels in the Eugene area. This under 80 bucks a night is far the best for sure. Roomy enough for three people.
2 bed ground floor unit, vehicle 10 ft. away from entry door, nice for a change. No long hauling of luggage and everything you do living out of the vehicle for the duration.
Friendly enough check in. Free breakfast, bagels, cream cheese, good orange juice, bananas, coffee, muffins, toaster, bring your own favorite creamer, no eating area in small lobby.
Outside entry doors, 2 story, close in town, a dozen great food places within 4 blocks in every direction. BBQ to Thai.
Nice two full beds, sheets okay, would recommend replacing blanket sheet of bedding, ( sheet between comforter and top sheet) sheet was kind of rough and just not very cozy to be against skin. otherwise comfortable enough. Flat screen worked and looked good, decent living chair to sit to watch tv in plus table with 2 chairs, Microwave and Fridge, nice shape and worked good. Really liked bathroom area layout, private with dressing area in back of room and separate shower/bath and toilet in own room. Beds facing away from back area so you won't be stared at while getting ready. Nicer newer counter tops, sink & towel bars with clothes hanging area.
Older seventies motel/hotel with newer hardwood floors, carpet, bathroom tile and shower liner was okay with plenty of bottles, bath accessory storage.
Bath exhaust fan was commercial grade and in clean condition and worked almost too good, really nice for a change, It actually exhausted the air from the bathroom, what a great idea!
Lighting was modern enough and the timber ceiling beams with varnished wood car decking or paneling for those who don't know what car decking looks like, was pleasant to look at and gave the room some good charm and warmth. Something you just don't get to experience at most hotel/motel places for under 80 bucks very often at all.
Right across the street from Greyhound bus station. Traffic noise for this part of town not that bad, maybe a little traffic noisy for some folks in the work morning hours but at night pleasantly city quiet. Landscaping okay. Big Oregon art supply business across the street. Three banks within one block.
For under $80 bucks a night, hard pressed to find a better place.

Room Tip: Just go there and see for yourself. Not really a bad location.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Michael M
Seattle
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We arrived late and were very tired driving from SF or we would have left when seeing and smelling the room. No reservations but saw it on TA and the reviews I read weren't bad. We were told the $69 room on TA was only for a small queen smoking room. So for $79 I chose a non smoking room with a King bed. When we entered the room it was so freezing cold we had to find the heat source, plug in the fridge and the smell was so rancid of smoke I'm sure it was a smoking room anyways. The sheets were stained and with the room so poorly lit I'm sure the cleaning crew couldn't see them. We had flashlights with us. We slept on the top of the bed with the towels and our own blanket on top of us.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
timberseugene, Manager at Timbers Motel, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Sorry you had a bad experience. I have told all the clerks to make sure that we have a few heated rooms at night for late night check ins.
We have extra portable heaters if anyone asks for one. No guest complained to any clerk or manager so I was surprised to see your negative review.