“A bird nerds paradise”

Cascades Raptor Center
Ranked #2 of 87 things to do in Eugene
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Nestled on a wooded hillside in south Eugene, this nature center and wildlife hospital specializes in birds of prey. Some 50 resident birds of 30 native species are on display, including owls, falcons, hawks, to bald and golden eagles. Open Tues-Sun and some major Mon holidays.
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“A bird nerds paradise”
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Went later in the afternoon and they were feeding several birds their mice. Got to get up close to a turkey vulture, red tailed hawk and a peregrine falcon. Fascinating!

3 Thank Oregontam

Bakersfield, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Very well done exhibit”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

They had a good collection of Raptor on display. The educational talk was very informative even if the Owl flew away for a few minutes. They do a very good job of describing the bird and telling you a story of why each of the birds is in the facility. The admission cost was reasonable for what they presented. It is a place we would visit again if we are in the area.

3 Thank itdave
Fairfax County, Virginia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Educational and Interesting”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Last month, I, my wife, daughter and 8 yr old granddaughter visited the Center. My granddaughter played veterinarian. She had to find the injured stuffed animal, determine what was wrong, give it the proper medical treatment, and nurse it back to health. She enjoyed it. The rest of us found the exhibits very interesting. In addition, the Center does good work is is worth supporting.

David F.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank David F
Las Vegas, Nevada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“LOVE, LOVE, LOVED it!!!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I could spend all of my time here. It was my main attraction upon visiting Eugene, OR. I will definitely revisit. It's a small park, but is very educational with great staff and is located in the beautiful Eugene forest. If you like animals and the outdoors, I suggest going to learn and experience being near these awesome animals. It's worth it to go check out and also support the center for rescuing injured and abandoned birds of prey in the area. If I lived in Eugene, I would volunteer to work here.

Columbus, Ohio
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Lots of birds”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Lots of really awesome raptors in clean and well maintained environments. These animals are healthy looking and seem happy. Most are rehabbed wounded animals and some simply can't survive on their own in the wild. Each has a personal story. Parking is not good and there are no rest rooms, only very unclean porta-johns that clearly are not emptied or sanitized - Ever. Everything was good.

1 Thank SherriBelle
LAShimmel, General Manager at Cascades Raptor Center, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Sherri- I am so sorry if you visited on a day when the portable restrooms were in bad shape! I'm sure the warm weather we've been having makes them worse . I do assure you they are cleaned at least weekly, and in all honesty this is the first time we've ever had a complaint. Not that anyone loves them but any comments we've gotten on them have actually been positive as to their condition. Unfortunately, we have a limited well and small septic, so we have not been able to install regular restrooms for visitors. I will look into having them cleaned twice a week during this weather. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you had said something at the time, I could have had it taken care of right away by the servicing company.

Been to Cascades Raptor Center? Share your experiences!