“Clean, Quiet and Precious!”
Review of Secret Garden Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Eugene
Secret Garden Inn
Ranked #8 of 17 Eugene B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Clean, Quiet and Precious!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I loved my stay at Secret Garden Inn in Eugene!
From the night I arrived, until the afternoon I checked out, the staff was so kind and pleasant, and the Inn and grounds were well kept and comfortable. It is warm, homey, charming, open and airy, with the cutest lounge areas- replete with tea and magazines.
This is the best place I've stayed in the entire state of Oregon, by far.
I had to go down to Eugene at the last minute for business, and I had not planned to stay anywhere, so I spend a few hours driving around the city looking at various B&Bs.
The Secret Garden Inn was the most charming and spacious and the most reasonably priced, so I chose to stay there! It's located in a quiet, beautiful neighborhood, too.
The owner (Don or Doug?) was so sweet and accommodating, waiting up late that night to let me in, after my tour d'B&Bs around town! HA!
I had a wonderful experience there and highly recommend staying at that charming abode!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
SG I, General Manager at Secret Garden Inn, responded to this review, 5 September 2013
Thank you Abby! You were like a long lost friend the moment you walked in the door! The photos are great and we so look forward to your next visit! Hugs, Myra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
minneapolis
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Stayed here for four days in June. So pleasant in every way. The staff is so welcoming, the rooms delightful, the ambiance relaxing. Liam the cat, who lives just outside and has his own heated quarters, is an added plus. Close to everything. Delicious breakfasts. Can't wait to go back. Wendy A.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
SG I, General Manager at Secret Garden Inn, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Thank you Wendy so much for taking the time to write such a sweet and wonderful review!!! Liam misses you and we do too! Looking forward to your return visit! Myra, Michelle & Liam!
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent two delightful days here while visiting our son, a student at UofO. Myra was very welcoming. The breakfast was yummy and so charming to have in the sunroom. Our room was large and well appointed with beautiful trees outside the windows. We especially appreciated the Keurig coffee maker on the 2nd floor just down the hall from our room. The service was top-notch. Myra even invited our son to join us for breakfast, which was kind of her. Other staff we interacted with were equally nice. And when I needed to borrow scissors and tape to wrap some gifts, I was able to get them right away. We also very much liked the upstairs living area. It has a couch, chairs and a coffee table and was the perfect setting for doing a little birthday gathering for our son. They also have some games there, which we didn't use but might have had it been rainy. The location was perfect for us - just a block from campus, two blocks from Prince Pucklers ice cream and Beppi and Gianni's restaurant, as well as a few other eateries. Many more eateries within about four blocks. A great experience all around, and we'll be back in late June for a four night stay.

Stayed April 2013
2 Thank khavneng
SG I, Manager at Secret Garden Inn, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write so eloquently about the Secret Garden Inn. Your lovely descriptions really create a true feeling and ease about this magical place. We hope your travels lead you here again soon. With heartfelt grace we appreciate you.
California
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This very comfortable and relaxing inn was once a sorority house and the design of the rooms and inn highlight this. Rooms are spacious and inviting, the hallways lead on and allow you to wander, the large dining rooms look out upon the garden and you can relax and enjoy a wonderful homemade breakfast while the sun shines or the rain trickles down. There is a small garden with a tiny winding path too. The university is two blocks away and restaurants are downtown and just a short drive. Check-in was simple and the service provided was excellent.

Room Tip: upstairs rooms are quieter and if you crave privacy ask for a room that does not overlook the parkin...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Duke97
SG I, Manager at Secret Garden Inn, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Thank you so much! The architecture of the inn created so many nooks to escape and relax... inside and out! Wandering describes that perfectly. And we are so blessed to have great restaurants within walking distance. My personal favorites are Beppe & Gianni's Trattoria, Studio One and Agate Alley! Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write such a beautiful description of the inn.
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stayed there with my daughter so she could tour the University of Oregon campus. The Inn is lovely. The room was spacious, comfortable, quiet and clean. The Inn Manager was professional and courteous. The location was perfect -- walking distance from the UO campus. My only complaint was that the wireless internet was unreliable and slow when it worked.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
SG I, Manager at Secret Garden Inn, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review! We so enjoy hearing about your stay with us, especially the good stuff! But it is very important to know what's not quite working right as well. Funny, I was with Comcast most the day trying to get that little internet problem taken care of. We hope to welcome you again soon with zippity fast WiFi!.
Crescent City, California, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We arrived at 2:45 p.m. or so. Literature sent to us said that check in could be as early as 2 p.m. We were greeted very warmly, and told our room was upgraded, but it would take 20 minutes or so, and would we like some tea while we wait. We had a 5 p.m. engagement, and we wanted a little time to freshen up, but hey, free upgrade.

We got our tea, and that was the last we saw of anybody until just before 4 p.m. I am not sure what happened, but it was very strange. A man we saw walking around eventually showed us to our room, which was quite nice, but we had to turn around and leave at once to make our event.

We returned around 10 p.m. or so to find the door locked.We called the number on the door, and we were told somebody would be right there to let us in. Turned out they forgot to tell us that there is a side door with a special code to enter at night. It was only a two-minute wait, but it was a chilly two minutes.

The next morning, I was in bed, wishing I had some coffee. Oh well. At 9:30, we went down for breakfast, only to find coffee and tea outside our door. Nobody had told us a thing.

Breakfast was nice. Our room was clean and comfortable. People were nice, just ... not very good with providing us with much information. What could have been a really great stay had just enough disappointments that I doubt if we will stay there again, although the location -- next to the University -- is perfect.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank John P
SG I, General Manager at Secret Garden Inn, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Oh my... I just saw this and feel so bad. An upgrade gone a muck.
We hope you will give us another try! Contact us so we can make it right!
We want you to have the Best Stay,
Myra
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 20 January 2013

This is a wonderful B&B. My mother and I stayed for one night while visiting the U of O and we loved it. It was right on the edge of campus, so we could walk everywhere. We got bumped up into a larger room because it was available, which was charming and really comfortable. The breakfast was delicious, too. Myra (the manager) was helpful, warm and friendly, and accommodated our request to check in early. Thank you for a fantastic stay!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family