“I really love this place”

Evergreen Indian Restaurant
Ranked #118 of 653 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Even though I gave it an average. The Buffet is the best in town, I as a rule hate buffets as the food is old and unappetizing, but The Evergreen has fresh food and they change it out all the time. I like everything I've had there.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

I was surprised by how close to authentic the food actually was hardly watered down for american tastes at all. I'm comparing to family meals I've shared with an friend and her family who are from India.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

My husband and I are originally from the UK where Indian food is BIG business. We have lived in Eugene for around a year; there are very few Indian restaurants here but we have found that Evergreen is by far the best and fares very well when compared to our favourite places back home.

The food is delicious - the lamb saag is divine; perfectly spiced spinach sauce, beautifully cooked meat and plenty of it. The 'dinner' option offers excellent value. The menu is slightly limited; would love it even more if they introduced a few more options - especially pilau rice and onion bhajis!

Personally I've not eaten in the restaurant, so can't comment on the atmosphere but take away orders are always ready for collection on time (although it would be great if they could deliver) and my husband has had the buffet lunch a few times which he says is always very good.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Tasted okay, but it made me sick in the worst possible way! And I didn't even try the goat meat. Eat at your own risk.

1  Thank CoolandCloudy
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We ate there several times to try it out since we love Indian food and there are few choices in Eugene. Unfortunately this did not measure up for us - quality of ingredients and preparation was below that which we will indulge in. So we haven't gone back. Too bad - we'd like a really good Indian restaurant in town.

1  Thank fiddle_man