“Bad Indian Food - go only if you crave Indian cuisine”

Evergreen Indian Restaurant
Ranked #114 of 628 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We wanted to have Indian food but this was a bad choice. Seemed the food was made from pre-prepared meal packets. Service was good and the place was clean though.

1  Thank Travelllholic

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Passing through town and went based on yelp ratings.. walked out disappointed.

Even the curries that are normally spicy were sweet. Could as well be a dessert buffet. Went for lunch on July 4th - Buffet items looked and tasted stale especially the vegetarian options. Some reviewers mention the food is authentic - they must have been there on one of the resturants good days.
I'd look for something else

1  Thank TravelingParty2013
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I love Indian food. Curries are my favorite dish. Sadly my wife doesn't share my passion for full on spice flavor although I took her here for the lunch buffet and was pleasantly surprised that she was able to eat and sample a lot of the food. It was nicely prepared, fresh and there was a good selection of authentic tasting Indian food; both meat and vegetarian options. Now I want to go back for the evening entrees. Lamb Vindaloo please!

Reviewed 16 March 2013

The lunch buffet is good (its popularity ensures the food is fresh), but the dinners are better; very tender and tasty lamb dishes.

Reviewed 6 March 2013

Even though I gave it an average. The Buffet is the best in town, I as a rule hate buffets as the food is old and unappetizing, but The Evergreen has fresh food and they change it out all the time. I like everything I've had there.