“Great food with nice views of Willamette”

McMenamin's North Bank
Ranked #31 of 635 Restaurants in Eugene
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night at La Quinta near the restaurant and ate dinner here. Some of the previous reviews made me concerned but I decided to try it anyway. We had a great time. The menu was more limited than what we had at other McMenamin's, but the food was nevertheless excellent. Beer was also great. Service was excellent as well; when a mixup lead to my being served apple cider instead of hard cider, they brought the hard cider and charged me nothing for the apple cider I had already sipped (it was really good). Great views of the river too.

Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Two hour wait to eat outside. Waited for our server to come back to take our drink order before happy hour was over and she did not even though we asked her to then told us it was to late. Apps were good, pasta had no sauce at all and all noodles were in one large clump. I would not recommend.
- coming from a server of a mid range restruant... For something that seems this high class and expensive I could do better in my sleep!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Was in Eug/Spfld for five days and ate here twice. One lunch (Thai Dragon Chicken sandwich) and one dinner (Ahi Tuna). Both were outstanding and let's not forget about the cajun tots. I love all the options this place offers and the location is simply beautiful. When I am in town, this will definitely be a place I return to.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Well, this was our first trip in Eugene, Oregon and the hotel recommended McMenamins North Bank for dinner. We were traveling with our pet and therefore got the food to go. Nice interior to the restaurant, not too crowded. The patio overlooks the Williamette River and was crowded. Ordered a "market green" salad and burger to go. I was told the salad was various greens and hicama, so I added chicken to it. Seemed easy enough!
Well, it was indeed 45 minutes and off we go! Luckily I checked the order prior to leaving the grounds. The "market salad" was only a few sticks of hicama - that's it! The burger was only fries - oops they forgot the burger, greens and chicken for the salad and the utensils included were only one knife and one spoon. ? a fork would of been helpful in eating a salad. So off to wait another 30 minutes for the burger and salad to be completed. After speaking with the manager, I was asked if, in my salad, I wanted greens??? She apologized and told me the meal would be comped. Well, that never happened. I had to ask for the "to go" basics a fork, catsup and napkins, guess they are usually not included. On the bright side the burger was very good! They just need work on how to check "to go" orders to make sure you walk out with everything you need the first time, rather than the 3rd time.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

This place has the potential to be great but missed the opportunity. Great location, right on the river, plenty of parking and a super cool building.
For a microbrew kind of place, the beer was mediocre at best.
For the love of god and beer, stop smoking weed and then deciding in that hazy moment of Zin - that somehow adding fruit to beer will be edgy. Fruit just makes bad beer worse.
The food was your typical bar fare. I'm OK with that but for the atmosphere they have, one would think they could expand the menu just a tad.
Owners and managers, pay attention:
The service was were they really blew their last chance. I don't have a problem with lots of tattoos and piercings but I do have a choice about what type of dinning experience I want to pay for. If my waiter looks like he just got out of the circus or a prison, he'd better really be on his game. This one wasn't. When I have a choice (and I ALWAYS have a choice ) about being served by a cute, competent girl with a smile or by some freak show looking dude........I'm going to go back to the restaurant with the competent and attractive wait staff.

Been to McMenamin's North Bank? Share your experiences!