“Great Fish and Chips but no beer”

Newman’s Fish Company
Ranked #30 of 615 Restaurants in Eugene
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Florence, Oregon
“Great Fish and Chips but no beer”
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Newman's is a "must do" if you're a Fish and Chips fan. The place is decidedly local. College students, downtown employees, business people were all there during my visit. The Halibut is great; fresh, hot and flaky. I got 2 extra scallops tossed on my order and it was a good move. I recommend extra scallops whenever applicable and at Newman's it certainly is. The fries are freshly cut and piping hot. Everything comes in paper trays and wrapped up in brown paper except for the chowder. The Chowder seems as popular as the fried fare. I'll try a cup on my next visit. Newman's only lacks a cold beer. One truly needs a cold beer with Fish and Chips this good. Orders are at an outside window. Inside seating is very limited and is in the actual Fish Market. It gets a bit noisy and pungent on occasion. Outside seating is also somewhat limited but seems to open up regularly. Newman's is a fun, local place that happens to also be a good fried seafood stop.

Visited October 2013

Northern California
“Tasty!!!”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The Fish & Chips are wonderful. I have been coming here for years. They are quick and effecient. Good for a quick lunch or just lounge and enjoy. Always fresh and tasty.

Visited May 2013
Eugene, Oregon
“fish-fresh fish”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Not a lot to say other than it is Yummy. Is there anything better than fresh fish. Get it to go or eat it there-you'll enjoy it.

Visited April 2013
“Very good cod n chips”
Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

Better fish then I expected. This place is such a good deal I'll eat here everytime Im driving thru Eugene if their open. I've only tried their cod so far, next time I'll try their chowder too .

• Visited April 2013
San Francisco, California
“Best in Eugene”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I love this place, as does my family. Whenever guests would come from out of town we make it a point to eat here numerous times.Grilled salmon and fresh fries.

The fish is fresh and well prepared. A healthy place (Depending on what you order) at a great value.

I'm now in California and Newman's is what I miss most about Oregon. If only they'd open up a store in southern California.

• Visited July 2012

Been to Newman’s Fish Company? Share your experiences!