“Great Value”

Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
Reviewed 24 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Erynob, General Manager at Days Inn Eugene Downtown/University, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Great place! Miles at the front desk goes out of his way to make you feel welcome and at home. The rooms are clean, large and accommodating. Close to restaurants and fast food. I'll stay here again on my next visit in Eugene.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Toeman,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I will pass on your kind words to Miles at the front desk. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Erynob, General Manager at Days Inn Eugene Downtown/University, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

Always love coming back to Eugene and staying at the Daysinn. Its like a mini reunion each time I stay. Tammy at the front desk is so helpful and friendly. Rooms are clean and a wonderful location. Chinese restaurant in the parking lot. And grocery store across the street. ANd dont forget the university across the street also.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Tytyny,
Thank you for writing a review. I am so happy you enjoy your stay with us and keep coming back. I will pass on your comments to our staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Likely for non pet owners & not physically challenged folks staying here would almost maybe make do, except for dirty, stained carpets... but bedding all crisp & clean. The handicap/pet units are the farthest away from the office, in the very back, fronting a dark street, the units sort of built below(basement style)two more stories. The one & only ice machine is in the middle of the handicap units on the second floor. Problem with stairs? Well I hope you don't want any ice, but then there is nothing else in the room to cool your food or drinks either nor is there anything to warm your food or re-heat whatever you'd like. I actually drove to the office from my room to use the Breakfast Room microwave for my food & then pulled up to the front of the building I was staying in & only had to climb 1/2 a flight of stairs to get the ice & then drove back to my room.....very strange layout. The grass for the pets to use is right next to the sidewalk of the dark back street & I really got frightened when a man walking by started to call my dog over. My dog is very friendly & I, like a ninny, did not have a leash on him(lesson learned). After all, I was the only one down there! As a result I slept poorly & couldn't get out fast enough. I did not have breakfast because it was too far to walk & if I was going to drive then I felt that I may as well check out. If I had a ground level room near the office I may have been ok... But then I was in the "newer units" I was told, & that's where pets go. So just to re-cap: their ad says their handicap units are level entry & yes they are but says nothing about being "out back", very dark & too far away from any help. I failed to read amenities carefully... There was no fridge or microwave listed. It really pays to have your " no compromise" amenities listed in front of you when calling to make your reservation. I cannot rate this place low enough. I'd give it zero if I could. Don't patronize this place even though they do have a very nice Breakfast advertised. Not worth it!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Erynob, General Manager at Days Inn Eugene Downtown/University, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

SheRascal,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the issues you had while staying with us. I have spoken with housekeeping about the carpets in the section of the hotel you were in. Since those rooms open right on to the parking lot and they are our most requested rooms, the carpets do tend to get dirtier more quickly. We shampoo the carpets on that level more often to try and compensate for this. We do have an elevator located just two doors down from our accessible rooms that would take you to the 2nd floor where the ice machine is located. I apologize if we did not let you know about this at check-in. I will work with the front desk staff to ensure they let all of our guests know about the elevator. We also looked at all of our accessible rooms and they each have a microwave and refrigerator in them at this point. I am sorry they were not in the room when you stayed. We hope you will stay with us again.

A Wyndham traveler