“Decent and cheap”

Eugene University Inn & Suites
Ranked #26 of 38 Hotels in Eugene
Reviewed 8 October 2013

The place was clean and was everything a 2-3 star motel would be like. There was a microwave and fridge, and free breakfast in the morning. The location was right in front of the University of Oregon and was walking distance to a few chain restaurants and a few bars. Overall this place was well worth the money.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
eugeneuniversityinn, Public Relations Manager at Eugene University Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

We, here at University Inn and Suites, appreciate you take time to stop by trip advisor to write us a review. We are so glad to hear your stay with us was a wonderful experience. We are always looking to better ways in assisting our guests. We hope to see you again in the future and if you could, please tell others about us. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel next door also, and it was twice as much and basically the same. Even smaller. Location was awesome. Walking distance to the fun shops & restaurants near university. The grill next door was delicious! Great hotel for the price. Updated, roomy rooms for $50-$60!! Can't beat that. The staff were really friendly too.

• Stayed: October 2013

We, here at University Inn and Suites, would like to thank you for filling out this review on here. We are so glad you had a great time here and really enjoyed your stay. We thrive on maintaining achievements of excellence at our hotel. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

I have stayed at the University Inn before, so when I needed to spend a couple of days in Eugene, I booked a room for two nights. I should have gone somewhere else.

First off, the wifi was hopelessly unstable. In total, I had about 30 minutes of internet connection, even after I tried to connect by ethernet cable. The front desk promised they would get a technician to look at it the following morning, but the technician never came, and the wifi was not fixed while I was there.

As it happened, I needed to pull up a map of the area, as well as information about public transportation. The front desk offered to help, but even after repeated requests did not provide me with a map of the area I was going to visit. Even worse, they offered me bus directions which had me change at Springfield Station to a bus that doesn't actually stop at Springfield Station.

Further, the receptionist told me that the place I was going to was about 5 miles away by foot (in fact I could have taken a footbridge across the river, so the distance is more like 2 miles, i.e., well within walking distance), and that going by bus would take 20 minutes (in fact, it took closer to 2 hours).

After spending a between 60 and 90 minutes waiting for non-existant busses in the rain due to the incompetence of the hotel staff, I still wonder why I bothered to stay for another night when there are plenty of similar motels in the same area.

I cannot recommend the University Inn & Suites at all. There are plenty of alternatives on the same street, and although I have never stayed in any of them, I cannot imagine you would get worse service there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jjcnn2013

We, at University Inn and Suites, apologize for the experience you had here at our facilities. We do take pride in our service given. We have taken note of this review and will express your concerns with our staff and facilities. We will further investigate on how to find ways this won't happen again. We would like to offer you a 25% discount if you decide to stay with us again. We hope you don't write us off but that we can prove to you we have one of the best hotel staff in the state of Oregon.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

The University Inn and Suites is a clean, comfortable extremely well located motel right across the street from the University of Oregon. From our window we could see the Matthew Knight center where the Ducks play basketball. We were right next door to Track Town Pizza and we were able to walk out our door, run a mile or so and get to where we could run on the Prefontaine Trail that is accross the river. Our room had been remodeled fairly recently and was a standard mid-priced room, two comfortable queen beds, a TV and a desk. I'm sure prices are higher on games days and maybe even when school is in session but as I recall it was about $85 a night. I didn't have breakfast since I decided to go run, but my kids said it was very good. It is a very good motel but what really gives it a boost is the location near Oregon's campus. That was where we wanted to be so it worked out great.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
eugeneuniversityinn, Front Office Manager at Eugene University Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

We here at University Inn and Suites would like to thank you for submitting your review here on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to find out that you and your family enjoyed staying with us. We take pride in our facilities and staff that we are always looking to improve. Please come join us again. Share with your friends and family about us.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

This nice little motel, across the street from the Univ of OR, was very comfortable. I had only planned to stay 2 days. That stretched into 5. The staff was extremely helpful; I was moving to Eugene and had a million questions. One staff member (Rene) even helped rode the buses with me as I tried to come to understand Eugene's transit system. Is that above and beyond the call of duty or what? The only reason I couldn't give it a 5 rating is because it's not the Hilton. It's just a comfortable/safe friendly little independent motel. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: All rooms are equal I would say.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank jon l
eugeneuniversityinn, Front Office Manager at Eugene University Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

University Inn & Suites would like to thank you for taking the time in filling this review out. We strive to make our guests feel at home and it seems like we succeed in your case. We will inform Renee of the thoughtfulness you had to mention her. She is a great addition to our team and she does go above and beyond (even on a bus). We appreciate your business very much. We hope you come see us soon and again and tell your family and friends about us.

Reviewed 18 July 2013

I would keep looking for another hotel. this is old and needs to be updated. the toilet had to be dealt with or it would keep running and it was sluggish. the air conditioner did not cool the room and it was a hot muggy evening in eugene. we had to keep the window and door open to let a breeze come in the room. the front desk staff was very nice and the breakfast was great but i wouldn"t stay here again even though it was across the street from UofO we still drove for our tou.r

Room Tip: keep looking for another place
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
eugeneuniversityinn, Front Office Manager at Eugene University Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

Thank you for posting your review on here. We do understand we are an older hotel and we are continually making changes to update our hotel. We take pride in our service that we offer through our front desk as you mentioned. Since we may not have all the amenities as maybe some other hotels, we try to offer the best service through our staff. We thank you so much for your honesty. Please check back as we continue to upgrade on our facilities and if you do, we would like to offer you a discount of on your next stay. Just call our front desk at (541) 342-4804.

Reviewed 18 May 2013

I came to Eugene to see the Dahli Lama last week. I drove down from Seattle and after so many hours in a car all I wanted to do was take a nap and relax. The front desk staff was very kind and helpful in not only getting me into a room right away, they even were able to accommodate for my last minute requests (first floor & towards the back). They directed us to an amazing Italien restaurant, Bebe & Giannis! The room was clean and the price was perfect, but even better is the location- right across from Matthew Knight Arena and walking distance to Autzen, I will definitely be coming back for Football season.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank HeatherD206
eugeneuniversityinn, Front Office Manager at Eugene University Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post such a thoughtful review on our hotel. We are so pleased that our staff was attentive and provided you with friendly, helpful service. Here at University Inn & Suites we make it out number one goal to provide only the best service to our guests and we are glad you could experience this type of service we aim to achieve. We are so fortunate to be just across from the Matthew Knight Arena as our location provides convenient lodging to many events and concerts, such as the Dalai Lama. It would be our pleasure to serve your lodging needs for football season! Go Ducks!