“Nice getaway”

Three Rivers Casino Resort
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Florence
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We get away to Three Rivers when we get the chance. It is close to coastal activities and a pleasant place to stay.

1  Thank Stephen C

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My husband and I enjoy the hotel very much. The rooms are beautifully decorated with very nice furniture and very comfortable beds. The bathrooms are large, and I always enjoy a hot bath in the large tub. We have stayed 4 times in the last 3 months, and service is always consistent. I never hear any noise from the next room, but the hallway noise can be bothersome occasionally. After all it is a Hotel. The 4pm check in is a little late for me, but that keeps me in the casino a while longer, I guess that's the point huh?
The food is always good at Trio's, steaks are always done just as requested, never over cooked. They could change the veggies once in a while, seems to always be the same. hahaha. Most of the other things on the menu we have tried, is way too much for one person, so we share, and they do not have a problem with that.
We have yet to try the Prime Rib place, as we are usually there during the week. Buffet not as good as some, but better than others.
Now to the Casino....hmmm, well its small, to say the least, but you know that up front. If you like the old familiar penny machines, you will find your fill, especially close to the hotel entrance. They have a few new ones, in other areas, but not many. Nice friendly Casino staff, very courteous, always.
We live on the coast, it is a beautiful drive to get there, and a nice place to stay over night.

Room Tip: I kind of prefer the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Evelyn S
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had the opportunity to stay at Three Rivers recently. The room was very well appointed and
comfortable. My wife and I have stayed here before and have never been disappointed with the lodgings. We will definitely stay here again!!

Room Tip: Second or third floor away from the elevator and ice machine.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen C
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Was just down there again in May. The staff there is so helpful and friendly. Our room was ready on time, supplied with coffee, water, ice down the hall. Very nicely stocked with towels, wash cloths hand towels, and toilet paper. Also a nicely presented mesh bag of toiletries with soap, shampoo, skin cream and bath salts. No trouble getting more water, coffee, sugar and cream when needed. We would have liked to have had two chairs as the bed too high to sit on. Missed having a fridge but learned to bring a small cooler for medicines. The shower head is one of those big ones that I find hard to use and there is no fan in the toilet/shower area. There is no pool or fitness area.

The Casino itself is clean and staff very friendly. We ate at both Trios and the buffet. Trios was an excellent choice and value for the money. However the buffet leaves a lot to be desired ... unless you have a two for one, give it a miss. Food cold, dried up, and terrible grease. The price at the buffet was unreal $17.99 for low grade food...even the steak was tough and stringy.

Room Tip: Because I am unable to walk long distance, I ask for third floor close to elevator, facing car park.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The best feature of Three Rivers Casino is the hotel. The rooms are beautifully decorated with lovely furniture and very comfortable beds. The bathrooms are large and well appointed. It can be noisy on busy nights, but it IS a hotel. They do not, however, provide a refrigerator or microwave in the room. That is a convenience we definitely missed.

We had the breakfast buffet on Sunday and it was mediocre at best. There aren't many options for dining because it is such a small casino. I did, however, enjoy the band in the lounge Sunday evening.

The casino has become a penny palace. We prefer more options and more updated higher stakes machines.

RColton, Manager at Three Rivers Casino Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Hey Sharon,

Thank you for the feedback on the hotel. It looks like we need to do a better job of letting guests know we do have refrigorators and microwaves available, we also have a select number of rooms with both already in the room. Next time you stay please let us know if you would like either of them and we will take care of it for you.

During the winter midweek not all of our food options are opening, but starting June 16th the buffet will be open 7 days a week. We also have Prime Rib & Steakhouse, Thursday - Sunday. Aces Sports bar is open daily, Trios Restaurant is open every day except Monday evenings, and our coffee shop has really good pasties from a local shop here in town, Big Dog Donuts, as well as snacks to go and Tillamook icecream.

The demand for penny slots is high that is why we have so many but we do have higher stakes machines, please ask for a casino host or slot attendant and they can show you where they are.

Thanks again for all the feedback and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Your Friends at Three Rivers Casino & Hotel

Reviewed 3 April 2014

We received coupons in the mail for Three Rivers Casino. We decided to take a family trip on Spring Break to get away and relax. My son and his wife have never gambled and I thought It would be a fun experience since my whole family loves to go to the casinos. My son was on a machine and a security guard came up to him and accused him of playing on a machine that still had money in it from a previous person. The security guard gave him a lecture on the floor about dishonesty and made him feel like a criminal when the whole time my son kept telling him the machine was on zero and he would never do that. The casino was very busy and my son was mortified because everyone was staring at him. The security guard said he would go back and look at the tape again to make sure. He came back 20 minutes later and apologized to my son which was nice but the damage had already been done. We went back to our room since nobody was in the mood to gamble and decided to get something to eat. We went to the buffet to have dinner. The food tasted like it was cooked over and over again it was disgusting. My whole family are people that don't like to complain but I feel the need to say something because when you go on a trip like this especially a casino you spend a lot of money and you want it to be worth it and enjoy your vacation. I have been to the other casinos and I just want to let everyone know they are great. I would not recommend Three Rivers Casino especially if you are coming from out of town.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
16  Thank Theresa B
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

We spend a lot of time at casinos and this one was expensive and disappointing. No fridges or microwaves even in our $170 a night suite. Must ask ahead and even they are gone they are gone. The halls were filled with cigarette smoke that often got in our room. We recommend traveling to the next casino in Coosbay. The machines at the Three Rivers were tight too. A mixed drink in a very small glass was $5.75. That's the most I have ever paid at a casino for a captain and coke.

• Stayed: March 2014