“GREAT STAFF”

Best Western Pier Point Inn
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 16 April 2014

During our stay my wife had a medical problem which resulted in me having to call 911, the front desk clerk Joshua was great he came to our room to see if he could help in any way. He stayed close by to make sure the paramedics knew where to go. My wife and I run apartment communities and Joshua is the type of employee we look for in our business. We do a lot of road trips with our daughter and love going to the Oregon coast so any time we go to the Florence area we will be staying at this Best Western. All of the staff was great to deal with but Joshua's help was great.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
PPIGeneralManager, General Manager at Best Western Pier Point Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Dear Dennis,
Thank you for the 5 star review. I will be sure to pass along the special compliment you left for Josh. We will be looking forward to your next stay with us and hope your wife is doing better.

Leisa Perkins

There are newer reviews for Best Western Pier Point Inn

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Great room with a view of Florance and the 101 bridge. Very comfertable rooms , comfy beds and clean. Free hot breakfast which was nice and complete with a omelette. 2 hot tubs next to the indoor pool with a dry sauna. Easy in and out right off 101. Close to the sand dunes and all kinds of fishing, fresh or salt water. If we find ourselves back in this area we will stay again.

Room Tip: Its only 3 dollars more for a room with a view, spent the 3 bucks.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jeanedmanmac,
Thanks so much for the great review. We are always happy when a guest enjoys everything our hotel has to offer. We hope to see you back again soon.
Leisa Perkins

Reviewed 10 April 2014

The service is excellent here. Everyone goes out of their way to make sure you have a great stay. I was late getting up for breakfast and even though they had put almost everything away, River took the time to make me some fresh scrambled eggs. The breakfast here is not just some stall pastries and cold hard boiled eggs, but a feast! Fresh fruit, yogurt, made to order eggs, waffles, bagels, biscuits, gravy; pretty much what ever you could want. When my 10 year old lab need emergency vet care, Brittany took the time to research local vets, so that I could feel comfortable knowing I was getting her the best care outside of our own local vet. I found out that I had a virus on my computer and kept getting bumped off the wireless internet, but Koryn helped me get back on line so that I could retrieve my emails. Since I was in town for a job interview it was pretty important to be able to have access to my computer. Leisa the manger was so pleasant and welcoming. The Inn sits on the banks of the River overlooking Old Town Florence and the views were incredible. My husband and I did not want to leave!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
PPIGeneralManager, General Manager at Best Western Pier Point Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Pastill,
So happy to see you had such a wonderful experience. Thank you for taking the time to tell other travelers about your stay with us. We hope your furry friend is feeling better and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This hotel was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. I was amazed at the magnificent view outside our patio doors which opened on a small balcony. Although we could hear voices as we were getting ready for bed there wasn't a sound overnight. The breakfast was delicious with a chef cooking our omelettes just as we liked them to go along with all the other breakfast items that were available. We were very impressed with the hotel personnel especially Brittany, who was friendly, patient and and extremely helpful. The only drawback is the lack of an elevator. As we are both seniors, the luggage was an issue but Brittany stepped in and helped us very cheerfully. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 454 has an extraordinary view, is next door to the ice and vending machine room( no noise tho...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Palley2014,
Thank you so much for the great review. I will pass along the compliment to Brittney. The entire team here at Pier Point Inn strive to provide excellent customer service. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Unexpected car repairs brought me to the Best Western in Florence at the end of a spring break camping trip, and it was one of the best hotel experiences I've had! The night clerk, Carrie, was very kind and personable. She even recommended a local mechanic that she trusts with her car and tried to find a cell phone charger that would fit my phone (the car charger broke, so I was without wheels or communication). The morning clerk, Brittany, was also very friendly and professional, and helped me get set up in the business center to finish some work for clients on Monday morning (also left my laptop at home to take a real vacation!). Lisa, the manager, extended my check-out time and waived the phone charges for local calls from my room, when she found out about the challenging situation.

The room itself was clean, with Bath & Body Works samples, and everything worked. They gave me peace & quiet in the a.m. (most hotels ignore the 'do not disturb' sign in my experience and knock anyway). The hot breakfast was also very good. Typical items for hotel breakfast, but better than average because they also offered to cook 2 eggs to order or an omelet (customer's choice), and they were excellent quality. The view of the bay is stunning, and I watched a heron fishing on the riverbank while I ate.

Definitely stay here if you're willing/able to pay $100+ a night for a very good experience.

Room Tip: They have rooms with or without a view. Price changes accordingly.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
PPIGeneralManager, General Manager at Best Western Pier Point Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

We never like it when the circumstances like you experienced bring a guest to our hotel. But we do love having the opportunity to turn your unfortunate experience into a positive one. I couldn't be happier with the excellent customer service all my staff shows every guest, but when they go even farther above when a guest is clearly under duress, it fills a manager with great pride. I will be sure to pass along the compliments to everyone and we hope that next time you visit it starts off less stressful for you and becomes an even greater more relaxing experience. Thanks for taking the time to give us such an awesome review!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Service was great thank you Dawn, Carrie and Koryn. The room we had was wonderful . The wood floor was awesome all you rooms should be that. All the young ladies at front desk were great and very polite. The restaurant was very nice and waitress was so nice Thank You. Pool area was clean and the breakfast was great. Would recommend this motel to anyone. Great Job and thank you and thank you to the people who clean the rooms. Chris

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

We love seeing reviews like this. Best Western's I-Care clean standards are what sets us apart from most hotels. The housekeeping staff will be so excited to hear that their hard work is noticed by our guests. All of the staff members read these reviews and they love it when a guest remembers their names and most importantly the service they provided.
Please come back, we would be happy to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We went to Florence for a five day vacation.. I am so glad that we stayed at the Pier Point Inn. The views of the river are awesome. The staff is so friendly and helpful. The breakfast that comes with the room is the best. They give you everything including made to order omelets, waffles, fruit, bagels, juice, etc. They now have a restaurant that is open for dinner. We enjoyed our dinner there. They have an inside swimming pool and two hot tubs with a fabulous view. We love it! I highly recommend the Best Western Pier Point Inn.

Room Tip: I like the rooms that you can access from the parking lot. I would choose one with a full river view...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the 5 star review. We are so glad that you enjoyed all our amenities. We wish we could take credit for the amazing views but are so happy that you enjoyed it here so much. I will be sure to pass along to the chef at breakfast and to our restaurant that you loved the food. If you have time, maybe visit the trip advisor page for Bay VIew at Best Western Pier Point Inn and leave a review there. We are trying to build our online presence there and it would be greatly appreciated. We hope you get to come back soon and visit again.
Leisa

Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Old Town Inn
#12 of 13 in Florence
Adobe Resort
Adobe Resort
#5 of 11 in Yachats

Been to Best Western Pier Point Inn? Share your experiences!