“Nasty place”

Villa West Motel
Villa West Motel
Ranked #4 of 5 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 July 2013

My stay at this hotel was terrible.. the whole place was filthy dirty... It was like the Goodwill of hotels.. the stained striped sheets..with the one striped pillow case, yellow, and white...like a mix of different sets put together.. There was Duct tape on the window in our bathroom, stained lights between the beds, and dusty filthy fake flowers above and between beds. Lady at front desk said that all rooms had AC or at least a fan.. That was a lie!!! Bathroom light wouldn't stay on when flipped to on position.. I had to try and balance it between the off and on position for it to stay on... No coffee maker like they show in pictures on official website.. Staff and hotel all together were filthy and rude.. I emailed the managers explaining my concerns and i am waiting to hear back from them. I have pictures of all the filth as proof.. My niece also walked on floors barefoot and feet were nasty after about 20 minutes. Tried to get money back but they told me no and too bad pretty much. Never stay here again.. would tell everyone else never to stay here... save yourself from this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sabzn329

Reviewed 13 June 2013

We had a good experience staying at this motel - unlike some reviewers we had a brand new shower curtain; towels and bed; the room had a clean fridge and clean microwave. We also had table and chairs so we could bring food back to eat. The room smelled clean and the bedding was clean. I did ask to see the room before we paid - other motels were more expensive and didn't look any better. Yesterday we left a 4 star hotel in Portland and for the price this place is much better value. When I arrived I asked the manager if there was coffee in the room - he said there wasn't but he would make a fresh pot in reception if we wanted some. the motel is next to a road but so were the others we looked at, I don't see why people book into a hotel next to the road then complain about the noise like Leslie F did. As for the carpets - I didn't actually get on my hands and knees and smell them like rolaleah must have done but the carpet looked clean and the room did not smell bad

Room Tip: we stayed in room 11 -
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Tuesday, May 28, 2013. We were the only guests in the entire hotel that night, yet they stuck us in their tiniest room right next to the intersection. Crazy room set up, SUPER NOISY, and for the price, extrememly old, dirty and smelly. The beds were so uncomfortable that between that and the endless car noise, we got NO sleep! In the morning, I was going to ask the attendent for a recommendation for breakfast. The first thing he said to me is "THERE IS A HUGE SIGN RIGHT OUTSIDE TELLING YOU TO PUT YOUR KEY IN THE BOX!" Wow. I know the place was super packed (NOT!) and he was super busy (NOT!), but beratting me for interrupting him from whatever the heck he was doing at 9:00 a.m. with no guests, is obnoxiously rude and unacceptable. DON'T STAY THERE! They do not deserve your business!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Leslie F
Reviewed 13 May 2013

All I can say is this place smells! The white plastic shower curtain was grimy and smelled disgusting, the carpets smelled like a cross between sweat and urine and even thought it was a non smoking room there was a faint smell of smoke. Our blankets had burn holes in them, the baseboards in the bathroom were dirty and the windows in the bathroom were super dusty. The walls were thin and we could hear everything going on in the next room. We have stayed here in the past but I don't remember feeling disgusted like I did this time. Never again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rolaleah
Reviewed 15 April 2013

After driving across the country and staying at 3 other hotels, this was probably the best for what I payed. Before choosing here I went to 3 different hotels in Florence asking for prices and checking out rooms this was really the best for my price-range. Other places were more expensive and had an old musty smell. Very clean and I really appreciated that there was no smokey smell that family owned motels might sometimes have. The owners here were very friendly and welcoming. The only thing I didn't like was that it was at the intersection of 2 major highways- 101 and 126. Loud and a lot of people walking around. I was afraid someone might try to take my bike I had attached to my trunk. Luckily that didn't happen nor the likeliness of that happening in Florence is slim to none. Very safe town.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 November 2012

With a little trepidation due to previous reviews, we were pleasantly surprised. We only needed the room for one night, figuring it was not where we would usually stay, but at $30.00 cheaper than the next cheapest lodging in Florence, it was worth a try, especially since we don't spend a lot of time in hotel rooms while we are traveling. If you have Motel 6 expectations, this motel will do nicely. Everything was very clean. The bathroom had clearly been recently remodeled - fixtures were very new and clean. The bed sheets were also fairly new, good quality, and very soft. Bed was comfortable, if a little hard (I like really soft beds). The heating system worked perfectly. There was also a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee-maker, all of which worked fine. Plenty of hot water for showers. The hotel is on the corner of two busy streets, and a little bit noisy, but we slept well. There is a Safeway close by and several restaurants close by. Again, nothing at all fancy, but perfectly fine if you are looking for an inexpensive place to stay in a fairly expensive town.

Room Tip: Choose a recently remodeled room
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I booked this online, expecting it to be basic but tidy. When we got to the room, the smell was not very good, the walls were thin and we could hear and feel vibrations from surrounding rooms, there were hardly any wall plugs and there were cigarette burns in the blankets. Nothing catastrophic, but in the end we just didn't feel so comfortable, and decided to cut our losses and moved to the Best Western Pier Point. It was more expensive, but a much better standard and breakfast included.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family