“First rate”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 541-902-0502
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Always a favorite spot to eat whether you're in the mood for tea or just a delicious sandwich/ salad. The food is wonderful with not the usua farel . If you're looking for something to delight the taste buds, stop by this gem of a place.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

I reviewed this spot last july and gave it a rave review. I have returned 3 more times and each time I have been a little less enthusiastic about the place. Tea is great and decor is very British and nice but food is getting skimpier and more pricey. I loved the clam chowder and it is still tasty, with as much clams as potatoes but the broth has doubled from where it was. I got a roast beef finger sandwich and the waitress tried to warn me that it was not a deli sandwich. I have had many high teas and understand finger sandwiches but this had 1 (yes ONE) layer of the thinest sliced roast beef I have ever seen. It was dwarfed by the horseradish and mayo. My wife had the quiche and stated that it was mediocre at best and she doubted if it was made there. The bill for 1 quiche, 1 bowl of soup and 1 finger sandwich was $28.50. I complained and it was corrected back to $22.00. Need I say more?

Reviewed 22 April 2013

My friend and I went here to have what is called "Royal Tea". What an amazing experience! First of all, you couldn't ask for lovlier people than the one's who own/run and operate this restaurant. They are second to none. The Royal Tea itself was so much fun! GREAT Salmon chowder, yummy salads and sandwiches, and then comes the scone with these mouth watering toppings. If I could rate this place with more stars than 5, I would. It's a 10 on my scale. They also have a full menu of other fabulous sounding foods, so there is something for everyone. I can't wait to do this again, and believe me, we really will be doing this again!!

Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

I have an out of town guest and we decided to try Lovejoys. It was beyond excellent and the clam chowder was the best I've ever tasted. Perfect balance of flavors.
Menu goes from seafood to high tea in a lovely atmosphere
Definitely will go back. It's a 20 star. !!!

1  Thank Colbysue
Reviewed 7 December 2012 via mobile

Judith and Liam always make you feel like family. The unique menu with a true British flare is awesome. Tea selection is top-notch thet even have Lapsong souchong tea. Very clean and fairly priced. Lovely atmosphere and comfy seating. Very very homey. Oh, 5-star desserts too. Dont pass this by men, they have manly food fare and coffee or iced tea too.

2  Thank Ratfink2u