“Our favorite stop in Florence”
Review of Lovejoy's

Lovejoy's
Ranked #21 of 94 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 541-902-0502
Morro Bay, California
“Our favorite stop in Florence”
Reviewed 6 July 2013

We visit the Oregon coast every year from the central coast of California. Since we live in a fishing area (Morro Bay), we are often in search of different fare when we travel. After several trips up & down the Oregon coast, we have discovered a few gems where we stop regularly. When in Florence, our choice is Lovejoy's. The soups & quiches are excellent. The small sandwiches are the perfect car snacks if you don't have time to stop for a sit-down lunch. Hosts Judith & Liam are as delightful as the food they serve, making Lovejoy's more than just a place to eat. If you are looking for something different in Florence, do check out Lovejoy's.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank seaspirit

Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First rate”
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Always a favorite spot to eat whether you're in the mood for tea or just a delicious sandwich/ salad. The food is wonderful with not the usua farel . If you're looking for something to delight the taste buds, stop by this gem of a place.

• Visited January 2013
St. George, Utah
“service and decor still good but food and prices getting bad”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I reviewed this spot last july and gave it a rave review. I have returned 3 more times and each time I have been a little less enthusiastic about the place. Tea is great and decor is very British and nice but food is getting skimpier and more pricey. I loved the clam chowder and it is still tasty, with as much clams as potatoes but the broth has doubled from where it was. I got a roast beef finger sandwich and the waitress tried to warn me that it was not a deli sandwich. I have had many high teas and understand finger sandwiches but this had 1 (yes ONE) layer of the thinest sliced roast beef I have ever seen. It was dwarfed by the horseradish and mayo. My wife had the quiche and stated that it was mediocre at best and she doubted if it was made there. The bill for 1 quiche, 1 bowl of soup and 1 finger sandwich was $28.50. I complained and it was corrected back to $22.00. Need I say more?

• Visited June 2013
Waldport
“The best ever :D”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

My friend and I went here to have what is called "Royal Tea". What an amazing experience! First of all, you couldn't ask for lovlier people than the one's who own/run and operate this restaurant. They are second to none. The Royal Tea itself was so much fun! GREAT Salmon chowder, yummy salads and sandwiches, and then comes the scone with these mouth watering toppings. If I could rate this place with more stars than 5, I would. It's a 10 on my scale. They also have a full menu of other fabulous sounding foods, so there is something for everyone. I can't wait to do this again, and believe me, we really will be doing this again!!

• Visited April 2013
“Excellent”
Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

I have an out of town guest and we decided to try Lovejoys. It was beyond excellent and the clam chowder was the best I've ever tasted. Perfect balance of flavors.
Menu goes from seafood to high tea in a lovely atmosphere
Definitely will go back. It's a 20 star. !!!

1 Thank Colbysue