“Horrifying experience, Nasty, toothless drug people running the place .. YUCK.. Do not stay here , I've never wrote a review, Ne”
Review of Silver Sands Motel

Silver Sands Motel
Silver Sands Motel
Ranked #5 of 5 Florence B&B and Inns
Oregon City, Oregon
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I've stayed at many motels, cheap and expensive, most all the cheap rooms are at least clean, The Silver Sands is a dump, worse motel ever stayed at, DO NOT STAY HERE, the managers look and act like they are on meth or something, So dirty the bed was stained with pee and blood , beds broken down with a horrifying Oder , years of people sleeping on them and not being changed, worse place I've ever stayed, Will be reporting to all agency anything possible where there's a complaint, Went to look for there web site and if corse, It says shut down for non payment, they come over from over seas run our motels down then collect all the money till nothing's left to run any more they go back to where they came from and were left cleaning up the pile of garbage looks like the case here.. Tax dollars hard at work

• Stayed April 2013
penny r, Manager at Silver Sands Motel, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Hi, I just wanted to let you know that The Silver Sands motel is now under new management, we have been renovating rooms, putting down new flooring. We have hired new housekeepers and have solved the problems that you encountered, i am so sorry for your experience here. Our rooms are now clean, and beds replaced. thank you, the new manager..

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Veneta
Reviewed 17 February 2013

We showed up and had to go in to ask if they had rooms because their neon sign for no/vacancy wasn't on. When we asked what their rates are they told us for all rooms it's $50/night no matter how many people or beds plus $5 in tax. Friendly service. Room seemed clean but that's about all that was nice. Heater didn't work, beds are uncomfortable. TV didn't work, holes in the curtains so light was coming while we tried to sleep in. We asked for non smoking, but I'm prettty sure people have been smoking in this room since the dawn of time. Fan in the bathroom sounds like thunder it's so loud. BUT it was extremely cheap. Won't be coming back unless we're stuck with no vacancies at the last minute again.

• Stayed February 2013

Travellers are raving about these Florence hotels

Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 13 November 2012

We stayed there on our anniversary in September 2012. The manager and her partner went above and beyond our wildest dreams to make the stay and our time memorable. The kindness poured in greater than any I have received in 4 star hotels. The rooms are not luxury but the people who managed the place treated us like royalty! I tell everyone I meet who might stay in Florence how kind they were.. If I am ever an instant millionaire I will totally remodel that place for free for them.. What heart.. I cant say enough how I appreciate their care when we had very little to spend on a room and our anniversary!! #14 Thank you!! I hope things are going well for you and that you are still there! Sincerely, Shell

Room Tip: Our room had a king size bed and a couch plus microwave, fridge, table and a nice enough tv.. the be...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

I needed a cheap hotel that wasn't too run down. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was as expected. Old, out of date but VERY clean. The walls are paper thin! I would stay here again. Great location right off Hwy 101. I felt very safe here.

• Stayed September 2012
Seattle, Washington, USA
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I only stayed at the Silver Sands because it was the only room in town. My room was on the second floor and it was pretty poor. Each step while in the room resulted in creaking floor boards. Okay, I could deal with that. Trouble was, each step by the folks in both adjoining rooms resulted in the same (loud) creaking noises.
Okay, I could deal with that by sleeping with earplugs installed in my ear canal. No problem.
What I could not deal with was the incredible number of red welts cause my the bedbugs! Holy Raid, Batman!
Pulling back the sheets and carefully inspecting the mattress revealed a veritable Times Square at midnight on New Year's Eve crowd of the little rascals.
Folks, if you have to sleep in your car, DO NOT STAY AT THE SILVER SANDS MOTEL!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank tominseattle
Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

Growing up an hour from Florence, I've stayed in nearly every hotel along the coast. This is by far THE WORST!! We checked in, dropped off our stuff, then spent the day at the beach. It was night when we got back, so we just wanted sleep. Pulled back the covers and holy crap! The entire box spring was rotted down to the springs! Someone say bedbugs? The sheets had some reddish stained droplets I can assume were blood. We ended up driving home then! We were in the room for close to 30 min in total, but since we checked in earlier, no refund. I wish we would've taken the time to look around room earlier. Completely filthy disgusting carpet. Cigarette burns, fridge didn't work, never tried microwave. Also half a roll of toilet paper with no more in the room! A very poor choice for a guy trying to save a few bucks. I'll spend the extra 10 or 20 and go ANYWHERE else next time!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank A-train911
Winston, Oregon
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My wife and I decided to stay on the coast for the weekend. We stayed in Newport one night and then the next night we drove down the coast. I was looking for something decently priced and this was not it! We went out to a nice dinner and then headed back to the motel. We got inside and the windows were open in the room and it was cold. We turned the heat on comfort zone which was about 70 degrees on the thermostat and the room felt like it was 85 degrees all night. The tv remote did not work. The refrigerator and microwave were shorted out and did not work properly. The continual shorting out of the fridge was the most annoying sound ever. The sink had a continual dripping of water and thus, rust stains were in the sink. There was mold all over in the bathroom and the sheets on the bed were stained. The place is run down. We went to sleep and were woke up at 1 am by two guys that were placed in the room to the right of us. They were up talking until almost 1:30 am as the walls are paper thin. Once they finally went to sleep I could hear them snoring as if they were in our room. We were woke up at about 6 am to the couple in the room directly left of us having loud intimate sessions. The walls are paper thin and my wife and I did not get any peace and relaxation here. There are other motels around that are 20 to 30 dollars more. Take my word for it.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you purchase if you have to stay at a motel this cheap.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple